With every app download and new feature, we face the challenge of scaling our backend and infrastructure to meet the requirements of our customers. Ruby (JRuby, MRI), Rails, a service-oriented architecture and our handpicked database technologies help us reach this goal. Your responsibilities as part of the team will be:
- Conception and implementation of new social, geo-based or health features
- Design of next generation, efficient and reusable backend services as well as APIs
- Development of highly available, fast and scalable solutions
There will also be plenty of opportunities to bring in your own ideas and thereby help the department develop further.
- Degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering or a related field (higher technical institute or university)
- Expertise with backend development and enthusiasm for Ruby (first practical experience is a plus)
- Understanding of databases, for example, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra – We use those among others!
- Preference for talking to clients in JSON or binary
- Very good English skills both written and spoken OR very good German and at least basic English
- Willingness to learn, to build cool stuff and to work in beautiful Linz, Salzburg or Vienna (Austria)
About Runtastic GmbH
Founded in 2009, Runtastic has rapidly grown into an innovative ecosystem of apps, hardware products and online services that track and manage health as well as fitness data. We are a recognized leader in fitness app development with the vision of motivating every individual to live a more active lifestyle. Together with our strategic partner adidas, we will take our business to the next level.