Saatchi Art is the world’s leading online art gallery, established with the goal of helping people all over the world connect with art and artists they love. We offer an unparalleled selection of paintings, drawings, sculpture, and photography in a wide range of prices, and provide artists worldwide with an expertly curated environment in which to exhibit and sell their work. Based in Los Angeles, Saatchi Art is redefining the experience of buying and selling art, making it welcoming and accessible for artists and collectors alike.
We are looking for a Back End Engineer who is dedicated, results-oriented, and a tenacious problem-solver to join our Saatchi Art engineering team at our Santa Monica, CA office.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Back End Engineer grows with us.
A typical day as a Back End Engineer might include:
- Utilizing back-end technologies to bolster our social networking platform, single page artist tools, and mobile-optimized site
- Working with a team of experienced developers in the creation and maintenance of next generation artist tools, and enhancing the e-Commerce experience
- Designing and coding new application features and functionality, working closely with product, marketing, operations, and QA teams
- You’ll be successful if you are a results-oriented, hardworking, ambitious, and driven self-starter.
What You Have:
- Production experience working with scalable/distributed systems.
- 3+ years’ experience working with a scripting language (PHP/Python/Ruby). Laravel/Symfony experience strongly desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Strong knowledge of OO concepts and design patterns
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Github, Travis CI, Jenkins)
- Experience designing REST APIs and implementing oAuth2 security protocol
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience using Git
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats – no job being too small or too large.
- We’re casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
- Experience with virtualization technologies like Vagrant/Docker
- Experience with Puppet/Chef/Ansible for provisioning servers and deploying applications/services
- Asynchronous programming
- Strong experience using Search Engine technologies (Solr/Elasticsearch)
- AWS (EC2, Route53, SNS, SQS)
- CDNs (Cloudfront, Akamai)