Our team is looking for an ambitious (Senior) Software Engineer (m/w/d) to help advance the publishing of Albion Online and related services whilst closely collaborating with our operations team, marketing managers, and game development.
We are Sandbox Interactive, an established 60-person game studio in the heart of Berlin. Since 2012, we have been developing the core online game Albion Online. The game is the first true cross-platform MMO, and is playable on Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android with over 900.000 players per month and about 2 million monthly visitors on our website.
This is an exciting role in our web team for a seasoned professional. Your goal will be to improve our services and platforms to address our players and help our internal staff in their efforts. You will engineer solutions for complex and high demand projects to realize our mission of high available, flawless publishing and purchase infrastructure. A key to the success of this role is to balance stakeholder desires for speedy implementations in an environment of established systems and requirements.
An ideal candidate has at least 4 years of hands-on experience as a software engineer in a web technology company, preferably with experience as scrum master or project manager. But even more important than experience is your aspiration to walk the road from a feature idea to a finished product with the highest possible efficiency.
- Collect requirements from stakeholders and transform them into workable code tasks
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in a Kanban environment
- Review code of other web developers
- Advance unit and integration testing of micro services
- Collaborate with internal teams and stakeholder to improve products and features
- A track record of minimum 2 years of successful Software Engineering
- Extensive experience in software development (preferably backend or fullstack) or project management
- Professional experience with Java
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Excellent communication skills (presentation, verbal and written) both in German and English
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related degree from a reputable university
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Professional experience with Spring Boot
- Experience with software architecture, especially microservice architectures
- Global reach:You will join a team of industry experts to shape our game that is enjoyed by hundreds of thousands of people worldwide.
- Sustainable business:You will be part of a successful company that focuses on long-term growth rather than on venture capital gambling.
- No crunch time:You will enjoy the excitement of shaping a global gaming experience without the typical release crunch times.
- Gaming-driven culture:You will join a supportive team of leading gaming experts with a strong passion for what they do.
- Start-Up perks: You will enjoy free drinks, food, team events and a blazing-fast working machine.