Do you love bringing people together to create something great? Gaming runs in your blood? Then we might be looking for you.
We are Sandbox Interactive, an ambitious 65-person game studio in the heart of Berlin. Since 2012, we have been developing the core online game Albion Online, which has already established itself as the first truly cross-platform MMO for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android with over 900.000 players per month and about 2 million monthly visitors on our website.
Albion Online launched successfully in July 2017 and in 2018 on Steam. The game conquered the global mass market with its Free-to-Play release in April 2019 and enabled us to take Albion Online to the next level. With the App Store and Google Play releases in June 2021, we have opened up a whole new audience for the game. Now, we are looking for great colleagues to join us on this journey.
Are you ready for your next career step?
- Join the web team and drive the full engineering cycle: architecture, solution design, development, deployment, monitoring and maintenance on a complex live system
- Work with your colleagues from game development and publishing to implement a new website and web features to take our services to the next level
- Create interactions between our web platform and the live game systems through complex interfaces and APIs
- Deliver high quality, well maintainable, secure code and assume responsibility to take the code base to a high level of quality
- You have 2+ years of professional experience developing in Java to deliver well-written, robust Backend systems.
- Ideally, you understand some Spring Boot, React, Symfony, or Dropwizard.
- Ideally, you have some experience with PHP, PostgreSQL and ElasticSearch.
- Ideally, you have experience in projects which include providing web-based services around a client-based software.
- You enjoy taking ownership of the maintenance of existing web services as well as the development of new services.
- You communicate with confidence in English. German language skills are a plus.
- Global reach: You will join a team of industry experts to shape our game that is enjoyed by over 600 000 people worldwide.
- Sustainable business: You will be part of a successful company that focuses on long-term growth rather than on venture capital gambling.
- No crunch time: You will enjoy the excitement of shaping a global gaming experience without the typical release crunch times.
- Career progress: You will have a high degree of autonomy from the start and the support to follow your own career goals.
- Gaming-driven culture: You will join a supportive team of leading gaming experts with a strong passion for what they do.
- Modern office in a top location: You will work in the heart of Berlin in a central and vibrant neighbourhood with plenty of restaurants and bars around.
- Start-Up perks: You will enjoy free drinks, food, team events and a blazing fast working machine.