PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The finance development team combines software engineering excellence, thought leadership, and entrepreneurial spirit in order to deliver breakthrough innovations in financial solutions for customers across various industries. The development approach for such innovations is user-centric, applying different methods such as Design Thinking and Agile Development within short project cycles. Throughout the innovation process, we collaborate closely with customers, partners, and other SAP units.
You will be part of a completely new team of energetic colleagues who will define the future of finance software for customers and users around the globe. This team, with high internal and external visibility, will have end-to-end ownership from concept phase through go-to-market. As part of this team, you will work on bleeding edge technologies and combine your technical expertise with capabilities of business software such as SAP S/4HANA Finance, to impact how businesses will run in future – in a simple and powerful manner.
Moreover, SAP is the market leader in financial solutions, meaning you will have the possibility to impact a projected 50,000 ERP customers globally.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Full stack application development with real Cloud qualities
- Rapid prototyping to analyze new technologies and software architecture alternatives
- Write code that “tests itself” through heavy automation
- Work with continuous integration and delivery pipelines on a productive cloud infrastructure
- Collaborate very closely with designers, domain experts, and customers to produce quality software.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- Deep expertise in JVM platform and related technologies and frameworks (e.g., JavaEE, Spring, Hystrix, Guava) as well as TDD tools (e.g., JUnit, Arquillian, JRebel)
- Good knowledge of cloud infrastructure services (e.g. OpenStack, Jenkins, Docker, Cloud Foundry, AWS, ELB…)
- Excellent understanding of database design and query concepts
- Passion for agile software engineering (Scrum, XP, TDD etc.)
- Understanding of software architecture & design principles
- Knowledge of finance (financial statements, accounting principles…)
- Experience in SAP technologies (e.g. SAP HANA, SAP UI5, SAP Hana Cloud Platform…)
- Knowledge of modern web protocols and APIs (Rest/RESTful, OData…)
About SAP SE
SAP’s vision is to help the world run better and improve people’s lives.
As the cloud company powered by SAP HANA®, SAP is a market leader in enterprise application software, helping companies of all sizes and industries run better. SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. SAP applications and services enable our customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
At SAP, we believe in the power of collaboration and empower our employees to perform at their best in an environment that encourages free and open expression of ideas. You’ll work alongside creative thinkers who share your interests, while turning big ideas into reality for our customers. With innovative job training, mentors to help you grow, and the flexibility to balance your work and personal life, you’ll be able to get more out of your career. It’s no wonder that some of the sharpest minds from around the world are working for a company that is consistently recognized as a global top employer.
Now it’s your turn to take the next step and help make the world Run Simple.