What we offer. Why join Savoir-Faire Linux?
To be an integral part of the free software movement, which defends the right to free use of software, in order to build a more united and free world.
To work in a dynamic environment with passionate teams where sharing ideas and knowledge is at the heart of the business; and where diversity and inclusion are a must.
To have access to continuous training with recognized certifications and to be accompanied by a peer-mentor from the beginning, for a flexible and stimulating work environment.
For the Savoir-Faire Linux social club, which regularly offers fun activities, in work groups or with family.
For a competitive salary, a complete group insurance program and an employer contribution to the RRSP.
For the easy access to public transportation, 2 minutes walk from Castelnau Metro, 5 minutes walk from Jean-Talon Public Market and close to many restaurants, parks and other services.
About the role
In this role, you will participate in the development of innovative software in the telecommunications, aeronautics, home automation, industrial, health and other industries. In an Agile mode of operation, you will participate in all stages of our projects:
– Meeting with our customers
– Collection and evaluation of technical and functional needs
– Design and development
– Unit and integration testing
– Knowledge transfer.
– Design, evaluate and develop embedded systems based on Linux;
– As a consultant, you will be representing our expertise in front of our clients;
– Collaborate with internal and customer-side teams in product innovation;
– Participate in development of the Jami project;
– Participate to reviews and improvements of our development processes.
Qualifications and requirements
– Bachelor/Master’s degree in computer science or related field;
– Experience in development and/or architecture of Linux systems;
– Mastery of a native programming language, an interpreted language, and shell scripting;
– Comfortable with inter-personal communication (we are a services company and work with several local and remote teams);
– Advanced analytical skills and ability to solve complex problems;
– Be creative, detail-oriented and demonstrate an ability to innovate;
– English/French (spoken and written).
– Experience with Linux system generators such as Yocto and Buildroot;
– Experience in related fields such as multimedia, security, industrial control or machine learning;.
– Familiarity with the hardware architecture of computer systems.