What we offer. Why join Savoir-Faire Linux?
To be an integral part of the free software movement, which defends the right to free use of software, in order to build a more united and free world.
To work in a dynamic environment with passionate teams where sharing ideas and knowledge is at the heart of the business; and where diversity and inclusion are a must.
To have access to continuous training with recognized certifications and to be accompanied by a peer-mentor from the beginning, for a flexible and stimulating work environment.
For the Savoir-Faire Linux social club, which regularly offers fun activities, in work groups or with family.
For a competitive salary, a complete group insurance program and an employer contribution to the RRSP.
For the easy access to public transportation, 2 minutes walk from Castelnau Metro, 5 minutes walk from Jean-Talon Public Market and close to many restaurants, parks and other services.
About the role
In this role, you will join the Web team and participate in the development of innovative software in different industries. In an Agile mode of operation, you will participate in all stages of our projects:
– Meeting with our customers
– Collection and evaluation of technical and functional needs
– Design and development
– Unit and integration testing
– Knowledge transfer.
– HTML/CSS3/JS integration on PHP, Python and Java CMS and framework
– Using best web development practices for mobile, tablet and desktop
– Ensure product interoperability across browsers and operating systems
– Implementation of accessibility W3C, WCAG, SGQRI008
– PHP and python development on CMS and framework
– Modern methodologies and development tools
Qualifications and requirements
– Bachelor/Master’s degree in computer science or related field;
– Solid web development experience;
– Knowledge of at least one PHP, Python or Java CMS or framework (eg: WordPress, Drupal, Plone, Django, Liferay);
– Experience with source control tools (SVN, Git or equivalent);
– Knowledge of GNU/Linux operating system;
– Interest for new technologies;
– Mastery of HTML/CSS3/JS;
– Mastery of theming concepts;
– Knowledge of development tools on many browsers.
– Ability to translate customer needs to elaborate and realize interfaces;
– Interest for Free and Open-Source Software, knowledge of the tools;
– Agile development experience ;
– Knowledge of many languages (PHP / Java / Python / etc.) ;
– Devops capabilities.