You will join a dynamic and energetic team consisting of developers, Architects, delivery leads, and product owners. We focus on supporting front-end applications for mobile, web, content, and testing teams. We own different microservices that bridge front-end applications with many systems in digital banking. By joining our team, you will have a direct impact on our customers.
Is this role right for you?
- You will provide technical direction with team input and feedback.
- You will assist in developing coding standards and testing approaches.
- You will collaborate with the Architect to realize technical vision and direction.
- You are proficient in significant applications and technical domains.
- You will provide expert advice to key stakeholders.
- You will perform reviews of solution designs and related code.
- You will mentor and help team members in technical knowledge and best coding practices.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- You have experience building scalable, enterprise-level technology stacks with Java but ideally with a broad set of tools.
- You are proficient in J2EE to support Enterprise Applications and Services.
- You have an understanding of Cloud Foundry.
- You have 5+ years of work experience as a Java developer with a preference for Java 8
- You have extensive experience working with Spring MVC and Spring boot.
- You have experience in version control tools, like Git, SVN, Bitbucket.
- You know a variety of frameworks (server-side, browser side, desktop ) and high aptitude for diving in and picking up new things.
- You have a well-rounded knowledge of Agile principles and the flexibility to adapt your experience to new and evolving environments.
- You like to learn new technologies and refine current applications.
- You communicate well and can distil technical details into simple terms.
- You have a passion for well-designed products and not afraid to share and explain your ideas.
What’s in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
You’ll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent — not just a job — so you can grow with us. We’ll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don’t apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and an onsite fitness center *
*Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19.