Are you looking for a market-leading company where your ideas are welcomed and respected? A supportive and inclusive environment where talented people experiment with new things and enhance their personal and professional growth? If so, think about Security Compass.
We are on a mission to create a world where we can trust technology. Our products help enterprise clients manage cyber-security risks, building security into their end-to-end processes without slowing down their business.
Learn more about us on our career page and join this amazing Team!
If you love thinking about complex problems and turning your ideas into code; enjoy programming and lifelong learning; you aren’t afraid to take on new challenges and you’re looking to join a group that is friendly and supportive, all working hard and helping one another succeed, this is the team for you!
What you’ll do:
- Build new features, as well as update and improve existing ones.
- Maintain high-quality code through code reviews, pair programming, and mentoring your peers.
- Help our customers get the most out of our product.
- Solve tough bugs!
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 2+ years of experience in software development, with some of that time spent working on production web applications.
- Python (or similar languages)
- MVC frameworks such as Django, Rails, or .NET
What will be helpful to succeed:
- Designing RESTful APIs
- Maintaining web servers such as Apache and Nginx
- Tuning Postgres databases
Why Security Compass?
- Make a difference. Our suite of products and services help make software more secure for our customers, their clients, and the world as a whole.
- Have a voice. Be trusted. Our organizational structure and open communication programs create an environment where employees drive the company’s culture and decisions.
- Have fun. Our social events and games around the office are just a few of the ways we let loose. We don’t take ourselves too seriously.
- Universal Acceptance. Diversity is our differentiator. We speak up for inclusion. We respect all forms of intelligence.
- Be innovative. We give dedicated time to focus on passion projects and encourage new ideas in all that we do. We encourage disruptive thinking. You’ll be able to spend 10% of your time working on a side-project of your choosing.
- Grow your career. We make your growth and learning a priority by giving a dedicated training budget. We create opportunities to take on new projects in security and beyond. This past year, Developers have attended JSConf in Iceland, PyCon, and Full Stack Fest in Barcelona.
- Find balance. We support working from home, we have flexible work hours, and open vacation.
Security Compass is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require any accommodation, please inform email@example.com so that an inclusive and barrier-free process can be provided to all applicants. All information provided will be addressed confidentially.