We’ve partnered with a startup GoFetch. They’re currently looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to make their mark.
GoFetch is on a mission to reinvent pet health to make sure every pet gets the health care they deserve. A large part of this worthy task is reducing the lifetime cost of your pet’s health through preventative care, education, and lowering the cost of each visit. In partnership with a growing network of trusted veterinarians and industry partners they are building a one stop subscription membership program to transform how their members manage, access, and afford the best care possible. This is where GoFetch was born and they have big plans for it in the new year!
Why join the team at GoFetch? The exciting opportunity to join a growing start-up as an integral part of the team. You’ll spend your days changing the lives of our furry friends, their caring owners, and an industry that can be revolutionized. With a flexible, remote-first approach, access to modern technology, and working shoulder to shoulder with the co-founders, you’ll likely find everything you need at GoFetch.
GoFetch is looking for an engineer who is excited about our technology stack and isn’t afraid to learn new things every day (having exactly matching experience isn’t essential). They are a small team so ideally, you should be comfortable with some of your time spent working across the stack as well as your main focus of backend/API development.
What you get at GoFetch
- A remote-first work policy. We’re PST-focused but we have team members spanning the continent.
- Health & wellness benefits, spent as you need them
- 4 weeks of annual vacation
- An extra personal day off per quarter
- A $3000 hardware budget to get your workspace in tip-top shape
- A mid-year & winter annual office shutdown
What you’ll be doing:
During your first 3 months you will:
- Participate in high-level system architecture and software design decision making
- Propose and implement improvements to our GraphQL schema
- Build and deploy updates to our Elixir/Phoenix API
- Integrate with our React and React Native applications
- Understand the inner workings and business logic that go into the GoFetch API
After 12 months you will have:
- Laid the groundwork for a migration from Heroku to an IaaS
- Scaled our application to serve 20x more users
- Reduced service latency by 20%
- Optimized & reduced database load
- Led the creation and implementation of large features from start to finish
- Mentored new software developers
- Worked with our product team to build and test new features
Who we’re looking for:
- Past experience building GraphQL APIs, or deep knowledge of REST with a willingness to learn
- Strong working knowledge of PostgreSQL
- Fluency in Elixir or a similar function programming language
- High familiarity building object and domain driven API’s, in Elixir, Ruby, Java, or similar
- Experience integrating with React or React Native frontends
- Experience building cloud services for a large number of clients
What will help you succeed:
Experience with the following specific technologies are considered an asset
- GCP/AWS or a similar IaaS
- Docker or other containerization tools
- React Native