We here at Security Compass are on a mission to create a world where we can trust technology. We get that isn’t easy, but that’s exactly why we are taking up the challenge. We help enterprise clients manage cybersecurity risk without slowing down their business. This is achieved by building security into their end-to-end processes with our three offerings: our leading-edge software SD Elements, industry recognized cyber security training, and our renowned Advisory consulting practice.
Are you looking for a market-leading company where your ideas are welcomed and respected? A supportive and inclusive environment where talented people experiment with new things and enhance their personal and professional growth? If so, think about Security Compass.
If you love thinking about complex problems and turning your ideas into code; enjoy programming and lifelong learning; you aren’t afraid to take on new challenges and you’re looking to join a group that is friendly and supportive, all working hard and helping one another succeed, this is the team for you!
As Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be reporting to a Principal Engineer, and be part of the development team for our product SD Elements.
What you’ll do
- Design and implement complex features
- Maintain high quality code by leading code reviews, pair programming, holding architectural discussions, and mentoring your peers
- Be deeply involved in the technical direction of the product
- Solve challenging bugs
- Help our customers get the most out of our product
What you’ll need to succeed
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- The ability and passion to reason about software architecture and design
- Web application development using frameworks like Django, Ruby on Rails, .NET, etc.
- Experience with building and designing RESTful APIs
- Exposure to Docker
Why Security Compass?
- Make a difference. Our suite of products and services help make software more secure for our customers, their clients and the world as a whole.
- Have a voice. Be trusted. Our organizational structure and open communication programs create an environment where employees drive the company’s culture and decisions.
- Have fun. Our social events and games around the office are the just a few ways we let loose. We don’t take ourselves too seriously.
- Universal Acceptance. Diversity is our differentiator. We speak up for inclusion. We respect all forms of intelligence.
- Be innovative. We give dedicated time to focus on passion projects and encourage new ideas in all that we do. We encourage disruptive thinking. You’ll be able to spend 10% of your time working on a side-project of your choosing.
- Grow your career. We make your growth and learning a priority by giving a dedicated training budget. We create opportunities to take on new projects in security and beyond. This past year Developers have attended JSConf in Iceland, PyCon, and Full Stack Fest in Barcelona.
- Find balance. We support work from home, have flexible work hours, and open vacation.
Click here to start imagining your future at Security Compass!
Security Compass is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require any accommodation, please inform [email protected] so that an inclusive and barrier free process can be provided to all applicants. All information provided will be addressed confidentially.