About the job
Would you like to work in a global fintech company, with some of the best products?
WHO WE ARE
Based in Copenhagen in our office in Søborg, AltaPay is a fintech company that offers the best omni-channel payment solution dedicated to helping merchants, partners and consumers to make and receive payments. Our omnichannel payment solution allows retailers to automate reporting and financial reconciliation. We also manage PCI-DSS compliance as well as creating a seamless and engaging customer experience. We operate across 22 European countries and our customer base is growing, which means there are multiple exciting projects in the pipeline.
WHAT YOU WILL ENJOY DOING
You will be working in an agile environment, joining a team with highly skilled software engineers and a Product Owner, maintaining our core Payment Platform.
Depending on the team and your area of expertise, you might find yourself integrating to third parties APIs with a great variety of protocols and standards, developing an elegant and dynamic payment service interface for our customers and partners, developing an efficient billing engine, delivering an easy to use self-service application, or streamlining our data pipeline.
- Form part of an agile and cross-functional team, owning all phases of the software development lifecycle, planning, designing, building, and maintaining our payment platform
- Take an active role in the design of technical solutions
- Adopt and apply best practices in software engineering while keeping up with technological trends
- Utilize an iterative approach providing customer value and moving our platform forward with every step
- Take charge in maintaining high quality and stability of the software, and troubleshoot production issues in collaboration with other teams
- Contribute to our DevOps culture working closely with our System Administrators Team in order to automate our deployment pipeline and ensure a stable deployment cycle.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We envision you:
- Are passionate about software development
- Are eager to learn new things and keep up with technological changes
- Have a team-player mentality
- Are ready to work in a performance culture where teamwork is key
- Are a quick learner, skilled in on-time delivery.
WHAT MAKES YOU GREAT
We expect you:
- Have at least 4-5 years of experience as a software engineer
- To want to work with new exciting technologies on a daily basis
- Can adapt to any computing language – you simply pick up the right tool for the job
- Have a solid knowledge of design patterns using either PHP or Java
- Feels comfortable working with Unix-like environments
- Have experience working with relational databases and/or no-SQL databases
- You have a pragmatic mindset, with an eye for automation
- Can comprehend complex technical documentation.
WHAT MAKES YOU GREAT
- Have experience with Java 11, Docker, Kubernetes, Elastic, AWS Components and Serverless
- Have experience with Machine Learning
- Have experience with the payments industry (Visa, MasterCard, MobilePay, PayPal, etc)
- Come from an Agile-Scrum culture, and have “internalized” the mindset.
- An exciting role, with the opportunity to be part of an exciting journey
- Being part of a dedicated and open-minded team in a “down-to-earth” atmosphere
- A working life in close collaboration with determined and happy colleagues having fun together and helping each other
- Flexible office hours and the possibility to work from home on an ad hoc basis
- An attractive salary, pension, massage, gym subscription and other benefits.
MEET THE TEAM
We are a diverse group of multinationals speaking over 12 languages with a passion for providing clients with the best omni-channel payment solution on the planet. We are hard working professionals that ensure we get the right balance of work and play. If you spend all that time at work, it needs to be fun. As for dress code, it is casual unless required differently by one of our social events. We don’t just accept all aspects of diversity, we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, products, and customers. We are an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate based upon sexual orientation, race, religion, colour, national origin or gender.
HOW TO APPLY
Our company is growing fast, so come and join us on our journey, it’ll be fun. At least let us hear from you and see what happens.
For more information about the position, please contact Esteban Michalowski email@example.com, and send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.