Why is a Senior Software Engineer, Business Intelligence important to us?
Shapeways is seeking a Senior Software Engineer, Business Intelligence to manage and leverage the Business Intelligence platform and data pipelines to analyze the operations and performance of the company, evaluate trends across our revenue streams and marketplace, and make recommendations to improve business performance.
In this role, you will:
- Work with group leaders and project owners across all disciplines in Shapeways to support data-driven decision making
- Work with product, engineering, and stakeholders to capture critical source data
- Architect and extend the BI platform, and ensure its reliability
- Query design, support, and validation
- Manage your own time commitments and deliverables
You might be a good fit if (you have/are):
- BS or Masters in computing science or a similar discipline
- 4+ years as a data engineer in a consumer-facing e-commerce website
- Strong, in-depth experience with Redshift, SQL, Python, and “big data” analysis
- Experience building and maintaining data pipelines and distributed systems
- Ability to translate business questions into data analytics that can lead to concrete actions
- Experience with online visitor tracking, funnel analysis, and A/B / multivariate testing and reporting
- Ability to deliver smart, concise reports on large data-sets
- Experience using Looker or similar and Luigi or similar data pipeline software; Airflow, etc. is a big plus
Why join our team?
At Shapeways we all contribute to a respectful work environment where we share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively. We are a collaborative, diverse and dynamic group of individuals ready to embark on our next chapter of growth. We put creators first. We are adaptable and resourceful. We focus on results and are all in. We are committed.
Do you want to be part of a culture that is inclusive, inspiring, and allows you the autonomy to be creative in your work? If so, we invite you to join us on our adventure!
Benefits and perks include:
Comprehensive Health Package – We offer great medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to the employee. We pay 100% of your medical coverage for the Core Medical Plan. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
401(k) with Safe Harbor Employer Contribution – Join the team and we will invest in your future.
Parental Leave – Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave.
Generous Paid Time Off – 20 PTO days plus 5 sick days. Whether it’s traveling the world, taking a mental health day, or going to the dentist… because Life. Also, this year we piloted Summer Friday’s!
Health & Wellness – We care about your wellbeing. From Commuter Benefits to FSA’s to Fond.co to standing desks to a pilot program with One Medical…we’ve got you covered!
Great Snacks and Free Lunch – Fully stocked fridge, and fancy coffee. Also, daily catered lunch at our Long Island City and weekly catered lunch in our Manhattan office.
Regular Happy Hours – Cheers to themed happy hours! Enjoy extra time for getting to know your teammates.
Credit towards 3D Printing – Every employee receives $100 of Shapeways credit each quarter to make or buy.