Senior Android Engineer (Remote)
*To be considered candidates must reside in the continental US*
Founded in 2016, ShiftKey facilitates direct connections between healthcare facilities and verified, fully licensed healthcare professionals. The ShiftKey platform’s innovative technology empowers more than 3,000 healthcare facilities across 30+ states to schedule over 9 million hours, resulting in 800%+ growth in the last 18 months. With 200+ employees across offices in the United States and Poland, ShiftKey has built a world-class team of professionals across all functions and continues to enjoy a fun, high-energy environment, with virtually endless opportunities for growth.
About the work
As a Senior Android Engineer, you will focus on building and iterating on modular apps for our providers and facilities. You will craft intuitive experiences, while accounting for performance, reliability and maintainable code. You’ll work collaboratively with other engineers, designers and product managers in Poland and in the US.
Who you are (Minimum qualifications)
- You are an Android Engineer with 4+ years of experience working on production apps
- You are proficient in Kotlin
- You have working knowledge of Android Jetpack libraries
- You have experience working with Android Architecture components (Lifecycle, Navigation, etc.)
- You are passionate about building high-quality, maintainable software for the Android platform
- You have an innate curiosity that leads to continuous learning and discovery
- You are comfortable giving and receiving feedback, in the interest of mentorship and self-improvement
Ideally you also (Preferred qualifications)
- Have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related field
- Have experience with Android Jetpack Compose
- Have experience collaborating with offshore teams
- Have experience with Hilt/Dagger, okHttp or Retrofit
Doesn’t hurt that we also offer…
- Modern work campus overlooking Lake Travis in Austin, TX
- Remote work environment options
- Unlimited vacation
- A high growth, engaging work environment with potential for endless career opportunities
- 100% Employer Paid medical option, plus dental and vision option
- 100% Employer Paid life insurance, including short and long-term disability
- 401K with dollar for dollar match up to 6% AND immediate vesting
- 12 paid holidays
You will thrive working here because…
- Products are built to service and delight our users.
- Time will be made available to invest in your craft and personal development.
- Cutting edge technology is leveraged to build best in class products.
- Design is not an afterthought.
- Design and development happen in a global collaboration.
- Calculated risk-taking is applauded.
- Process exists only to enable progress.