Mobility goes digital. The Mobility Division is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and environmentally friendly transportation of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents.
Driven by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the increasing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems and rail electrification. Our data-driven services offer customers value-added that is unique, and not only in our industry. We call this Ingenuity for Life.
As part of this transformation we are expanding our cloud computing capabilities. We are a young and innovative team working in an Agile setting looking for strong and motivated candidates that are eager to step up and be part of the shaping of the transportation of tomorrow.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented:
- You will be the architect defining the backend, data handling, and database communications to extend our cloud computing capabilities
- Keep up to date with the newest trends and innovations and develop these solutions in-house
- Ensuring a consolidated and uniform architecture across the various projects
- Integration of various services and development of the interfaces Knowledge transfer across the development team
Your skill set:
- Bachelor or Master degree in computer science or similar fields
- Strong knowledge of cloud platforms. AWS is a requirement.
- Strong programming skills with several years of industry experience.
- Strong knowledge of big data handling and data bases.
- Strong knowledge of distributed computing (Spark, Blaze, …)
- Experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery and automation processes / DevOps (on AWS an advantage)
- Experience with development on Linux platforms
- Experience with security topics a great advantage
- Knowledge of data analytics, statistics and machine learning algorithms an advantage
About Siemens AG
Life at Siemens
372,000 of the smartest minds
People at Siemens are thinkers, dreamers and doers. That’s why we recruit people with more than just a passion for disruptive ideas – they must also have the courage to bring them to life.
We believe those ideas can come from anywhere. It’s how we design and implement over 7,600 different inventions around the world each year. Some emerged from our 36-hour hackathons, others were simply thought of while sitting outside in our cafe. There’s no working behind closed doors here. We invite everyone to work collaboratively and act as if Siemens were their own company – it’s all part of our Ownership Culture.