About Signal Ocean: Signal Ocean is the technology arm of the Signal Group, a diversified shipping services group with offices in London and Athens. Our main product, The Signal Ocean Platform, allows ship charterers, brokers and owners to securely process, combine and analyse complex arrays of private and public shipping data. Powered by sophisticated machine learning / artificial intelligence technologies, the platform delivers customized, exclusive insights that help our clients achieve performance and efficiency.
About the role: Due to the continuous growth of the Signal Ocean Platform, our engineering team is getting bigger and is ready to welcome a self-driven, inquisitive, fast-learning Senior Full Stack Software Engineer with .NET Core and preferably React experience, passionate for creating high-quality solutions to join our team in Athens. Signal’s Software Engineers work closely with data science, design, product, and business analysis professionals to develop robust solutions to the highly entrepreneurial domain of shipping.
Technology Stack: We build cloud solutions using C#, .NET Core, React, Service Fabric, Python, MongoDB, MSSQL Server, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes, Grafana, Influx and more. We also offer the opportunity to work on state-of-the-art architectures and technology stacks, as well as a global, Artificial Intelligence-powered technology product vision. We organize our teams using the concepts of Dual-track Agile (Scrum) methodologies and we would love to onboard people who are going to contribute across product discovery, delivery, optimization, QA, DevOps and Continuous Integration.
What you bring to the team:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s university degree in Computer Science, related technical field or exceptional practical experience
- 5+ years of working experience in full-stack development
- Demonstrable Microsoft C#/.NET Core development skills. Experience with additional programming languages (e.g.: Python) is welcome
- Experience in ReactJS. Good knowledge of Typescript and MobX is also welcomed
- Knowledge and an active interest in Design Patterns and SOLID architecture principles
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases (design, administration, tuning) and with ORM frameworks e.g. Entity Framework, Dapper, etc.
- Experience with testing and mocking frameworks
- Familiarity with microservices and REST APIs
- Involvement with cloud computing technologies and familiarity with how to configure and tune web stack in the cloud
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and delivery timelines; Agile development experience and DevOps interest (including tools like Visual Studio, Git, TeamCity, SCRUM/Agile tools) is welcome
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation with additional performance incentives.
- Coverage under the company’s collective health insurance plan.
- Opportunity to work alongside experienced people with deep knowledge in software engineering, data science & shipping business who are always eager to mentor.
- COVID Remote Work setup (primarily remotely, with up to 5 days per month in the office for connectedness/team bonding purposes). Post-COVID setup in-progress.
- 2-4 weeks of onboarding training to prepare you for your new role, having the opportunity to meet about 30 trainers/leaders while diving deep into our products and/or the shipping world.
- Career growth opportunities and a structured development discussion every 4 months.
- Individual learning budget for training, seminars, conferences (750 to 2000 EUR annually depending on seniority) and unlimited free access to all Udemy courses.
- Online weekly workout program incorporating various exercise styles (pilates, yoga, strength training, cardio).
- Fun and well-equipped work environment that includes our in-house restaurant with healthy, freshly cooked lunches every day, ping pong & billiard tables.
- Regular team bonding events and activities.
Strict adherence to Confidentiality, Intellectual Property and Non-Compete provisions is expected.
All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations of personal data protection.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. At Signal, we believe that diversity of opinions, approaches and viewpoints is key to our innovation and success and we encourage that with our hiring, development and rewards practices. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristics by law and take actions to eliminate those from our workplace.