Main Functions and Responsibilities
- Design, develop and maintain user interfaces for retention of study participants and in support of clinical research staff for the query, analysis and display of data.
- Work collaboratively and closely with other front-end engineers, back-end engineers, study coordinators, project managers and data analysts.
- Participate in open source software development efforts that are aligned with Foundation priorities
- Bachelor’s degree (masters preferred) in computer science or related
- At least 10 years of software development experience analyzing, designing and implementing solutions.
- At least 10 years of experience designing and developing user interfaces and data visualization interfaces
- At least 7 years of experience with JQuery
- At least 5 years of experience with version control systems such as git
- Experience with databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB and/or CouchDB.
- Experience with test automation framework, such as Selenium
- Experience with mobile development
- Experience with responsive framework CSS such as Bootstrap and Foundation
- Knowledge of D3.js, SVG, ReactJS
- Understanding of the basic workings of various protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS.
- RESTful APIs
- Previous management experience
The Simons Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
About Simons Foundation
The Simons Foundation is a private foundation established in 1994 in New York City by Jim and Marilyn Simons. With an annual grants and programs budget of $300 million, the foundation’s mission is to advance the frontiers of research in mathematics and the basic sciences.
The foundation pursues its mission through its grant-making division, comprising programs in Mathematics & Physical Sciences, Life Sciences, Education & Outreach and autism research, and through its internal research division, the Flatiron Institute.