We are looking for a Backend Engineer to join our newly created fully remote Pay & Ship team. This role can be based anywhere in Romania.
About OLX and Pay & Ship Team
The OLX Group is a network of leading classifieds platforms in 45 markets, including brands like OLX, Avito, Letgo, Dubizzle, among others.
We connect local people to buy, sell or exchange used goods and services by making it fast and easy for anyone to post a listing through their mobile phone or on the web. Over 300 hundred million users buy and sell on our platforms each month, generating a $1.3 billion revenue and a +37% revenue growth.
The Pay & Ship team is helping people around the world to buy or sell in a transparent, fast and secure way. As part of the customer-facing teams, our team is responsible for bringing convenience and safety to our users by integrating logistics partners into the platform.
Our team has recently worked on building a lightweight delivery version for one of the mature markets and during the next months, we will architect and develop a complex, scalable, solution that our users expect to have.
Learn more about our Pay & Ship Project here.
About the job
As an engineer in our team, you’ll be collaborating closely with colleague engineers and SREs, product team, data analysts and an engineering manager while building one of the newest distributed systems we have in the company.
Our systems are built mostly with Kotlin and they run on AWS.
We value engineers who have:
- Worked well in multi-functional teams.
- Believe in self-aligned teams and “you build it, you run it” philosophy.
- Passion for architecting, building and scaling cloud-based systems, serving millions of users.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Experience with one or more general-purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Kotlin (preferred), Java, Go or PHP.
Responsibilities you will get when working with us:
- Contribute technically to projects and take part in the planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects.
- Be part of a team and establish credibility with the quality of your own and your team’s technical execution.
- Encourage the team to innovate, invent, implement and deploy complex software solutions.
- Ask questions, brainstorm and own the product we are building.
- Work closely with the product management team to ensure we’re building the best products for our users.
What we’ll give you:
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus of up to 15% of your annual salary
- Excellent select-your-own benefits
- International career and travel opportunities.
- Work with an international team of top engineers learning from one another.
- Any equipment you might need and a company mobile phone.
- A budget for education, trainings and conferences.
If you’d like to learn more about the OLX Group take a look at the other parts of our website or check our blog. And remember, we are an equal opportunities employer.