Job Title: Senior DevOps Engineer/Software Developer, Multiple Openings
Location: Mississauga, ON
Who We Are
It all started with one developer’s vision. Carl Rodrigues, President and CEO of SOTI, has a classic story. While acting as an IT consultant, he developed solutions for managing mobile device screens from a desktop, an innovation that has put him ahead in what is now one of the largest growing markets – Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM). With a passion for innovation, and a relentless drive for quality, Carl now leads one of the fastest growing, profitable, and self-sustaining companies in Canada, and continues to build on the company’s early lead in the enterprise mobility market.
Today, SOTI is the world’s most trusted provider of mobile and IoT management solutions, with over 17,000 enterprise customers and millions of devices managed worldwide. SOTI’s portfolio of solutions and services provides the tools organizations need to truly mobilize their operations and optimize their mobile technology investments. Our award-winning solution, SOTI MobiControl, allows enterprises to enable, optimize and secure their mobile workforce across all platforms to support multiple deployment policies.
What We’re Looking For
Our people are our most important resource. For us to continue to develop new innovations and achieve the impossible, we are looking for Computer Science Experts and out-of-the-box thinkers that appreciate the art of creating great software.
As the successful candidate, you have strong math and logical thinking, an excellent understanding of algorithms, data structures, software architecture and design, and you understand the logic behind how things work.
What You’ll Do
- You will be working across functional (development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure) and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems
- You will be driving and perfecting our vision of Continuous Delivery and making the release experience easy and enjoyable
- You will be building high quality tools and automation for internal use to support continuous delivery and increasing the velocity and productivity of engineering teams
- You will develop and maintain tools and scripts to build, deploy, test, automate and streamline product delivery from engineers to customers
- You will design and implement tools and scripts to allow automated configuration management
- Have fun, with all of the above!
Experience You’ll Bring
- Expertise in Computer Science with excellent understanding of algorithms, data structures, design patterns and software architecture, and you understand the logic behind the relationships within programs themselves
- You have a minimum 7+ years’ experience: 4+ years’ software development experience using .NET or Java based technologies and 3+ years’ experience in a DevOps role.
- Solid understanding and experience of integrating security tools and practices within the DevOps process
- Expert knowledge of PowerShell or other scripting languages
- Solid knowledge of continuous integration and continuous delivery practices and tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, Bamboo, etc.
- Good working knowledge of Source Code repository systems (Git, TFS)
- Hands-on experience of working with cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Expert knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages: Java, C#
- Experience of working with Windows, Linux, Unix, iOS and Android operating systems
- Demonstrated ability to learn and acquire new technologies in the areas of DevOps
- Experience of working with Docker containers, Kubernetes, Packer, Kitchen, Chef, Artifactory, Sonar and other tools used for orchestration
Relocating from abroad? Moving to a new country can be exciting and challenging. We have prepared a list of resources to ease your transition to Canada, and our People and Culture Team will always be available to you for support. Visa sponsorship and relocation assistance are available to successful and qualified candidates, contingent on approval from the local government.
SOTI is home to many faiths, cultures, and nationalities. The SOTI family is an example of an inclusive work culture that is respectful to all. We are always looking for fresh and innovative thinkers who can make a difference. We offer careers with #EndlessPossibilities.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!