SparkCognition is an AI leader that offers business-critical solutions for customers in energy, oil and gas, manufacturing, finance, aerospace, defense, and security. A highly awarded company recognized for cutting-edge technology, SparkCognition develops AI-powered, cyber-physical software for the safety, security, reliability, and optimization of IT, OT, and the Industrial IoT.
SparkCognition is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for the SparkPredict team. The developer will be part of an integrated team that includes data scientists and software engineers, working in tandem on an industrial IoT platform that analyzes sensor data to perform predictive maintenance.
- Developing software in support of a machine-learning object detection and classification product
- Working with data scientists to help package models into SparkPredict
- Working on micro-service based data pipelines
- Ownership of work items. Help design, code, integrate, document and test new features.
- Mentorship of more junior developers
- At least 7-10 years of software development, preferably with experience using multiple programming languages
- Familiarity with Scala or functional programming languages is a plus
- Familiarity with Python is a plus
- Must have experience developing efficient and scalable ETL pipelines for machine learning
- Must have distributed computing
- Must have experience with Akka or other Actor frameworks
- Must have experience writing REST APIs
- Must have experience with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Must have proficiency with SQL and relational databases (i.e. PostgreSQL). Ability to optimize SQL and make schema changes.
- Must have experience writing unit tests and integration tests
- Proficiency with Agile development practices
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams with engineers and data scientists
- Ability to drive quality, security, and performance into the product and team practices
- Ability to take a work item and drive it to completion
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, etc.)
- Micro-services architectures and patterns
- Cloud computing architectures (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
SparkCognition is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com