Sprockets is an innovative company working to eliminate bias in the hiring process and match candidates with teams they will be successful working in. We have built the world’s first Automated Hiring Platform, that leverages a combination of psychology and AI, to ensure companies not only hire the best candidates, but also the best fit for their culture.
We are looking for a creative, technical and highly collaborative Senior Software Engineer who is looking to make an impact at an early-stage startup that is disrupting the HR space.
In this role, you will help execute against the product vision and strategy and work collaboratively in a fully autonomous, cross-functional product team. Reporting directly to the Chief Product Officer, you’ll ideate and execute on the interaction and visual design of our core product. Collaboration, innovation and speed are core aspects of this role.
- You’ll work closely with product management, design teams and other stakeholders to identify opportunities, incorporate feedback and engineer solutions
- You’ll help define scope and technical requirements for initiatives while producing clean, efficient and tested code based on specifications
- You’ll integrate software components and third-party programs based on product needs
- You’ll troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems and platforms to ensure the product is performant and stable
- You’ll provide infrastructure and architectural designs and feedback for new system services and capabilities
- You’ll own complex features from technical design to delivery with limited guidance
- You’ll work alongside other engineers to conduct code reviews, pair programming and elevate our technology
- You’ll participate in discovery and planning of new products and features while driving the technical direction
- You have 6+ years of full stack software engineering experience, preferably at a fast-growing startup
- Typescript experience is a plusYou are confident working with SQL databases and Object Relational Mapping (ORM)
- PostgreSQL/ActiveRecord experience is a plus
- You are passionate about technology and stay up to date with the latest trends
- You are a true creative technologist – aiming to solve user problems in innovative ways leveraging the latest technology
- You bring hands-on experience with test-driven engineering and automated testing frameworks
- You are familiar working with design systems and collaborating with product designers to create and maintain components
- You have working knowledge of Agile development processes and engineering best practices
- You have excellent communication skills, high EQ and take a collaborative and empathetic approach to problem-solving
We have a noble mission. Sprockstars, as we like to call us, do not take transforming the hiring process into an equitable one lightly. We’re committed to you, our team, our customers and their employees alike.
To make breakthroughs, people need an environment where it’s safe to make mistakes and learn. Sprockets fosters a workspace where different viewpoints are welcomed and every voice counts – a place where everyone can ask anyone for guidance and bring their truest selves to work every day.
Our team strives to be known as leaders and innovators within the hiring tech industry. We challenge the process and product in our continuous pursuit of excellence.
Collaboration and communication are exactly how Sprockets was built and will continue to thrive. As a small team, everyone at the organization has the opportunity to know each other and contribute their thoughts.
We pride ourselves on our emphasis on a healthy work-life balance. During business hours, our Sprockstars work hard and play hard — that’s no accident.
Integrity creates trust. It’s the constant choice to infuse every action with honesty, fairness, and respect for customers and colleagues alike.
We empower our teams with the freedom, trust and autonomy to make good and strategic decisions that enable our customers and drive our business forward
Our Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary package and ownership equity in the company
- Unlimited PTO, with a requirement to take at least 2 weeks off per year
- A fully remote company so you have the flexibility to work anywhere in the U.S.
- Receive a MacBook and financial assistance to craft your most comfortable work-from-home environment
- Quarterly company trips designed to foster relationships, creativity and having fun!
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage packages
- Learning and development budget to hone your personal and professional skills
- Additional perks on the horizon!
If you are interested in intensive growth, emerging technology, and vibrant work culture, Sprockets is the startup for you. Having recently received our Series A round of funding, we are poised for another big year of growth. Come disrupt with us!