English The Role
You are passionate about performance, accessibility, and building for the long-term. You are a product builder, who loves solving challenging problems and delivering performant code that’s constantly tested. We are looking for engineers who want to work on cutting-edge technologies, be part of the development team behind the most popular React-Native app in town, bring fresh ideas and want to see them come to life. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Mylo’s needs and have opportunities to develop your skills.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- ● You will write, review and maintain code primarily in React-Native
- ● You will utilize best practices and understand emerging trends
- ● You will evaluate and recommend solutions, and guide team decision making
- ● You will work within a cross functional squad that collaborates with other disciplines like
Design and Product.
- ● Participate in managing code & configurations for multiple environments, the release
management process, creating and maintaining environment configuration and controls,
ensuring code integrity and working closely with the operations team
- ● You will mentor, pair, share learnings and help others around you to grow
- ● 4+ years of experience in mobile software development using React Native in iOS or Android (meaning you’re one of the early adopters of the technology)
- ● Track record of mobile applications available on the app store
- ● Excellent problem-solving skills
- ● Excellent communication skills
- ● Experience with Objective-C, Swift, Kotlin or Android Java
- ● Experience with GraphQL (Apollo) and WebSockets
Mylo is on a mission to help Canadians achieve their financial goals. The Mylo app makes it easy for everyone to save by automatically rounding up their purchases and investing the spare change, but
roundups are just the beginning. To help our users across all aspects of their financial lives, we use data to develop personalized insights, recommendations and services.
Now, we are looking for more great people who want to be part of a high-energy startup reshaping the financial services industry. If you want to work with talented people, solve big problems and make life better for hundreds of thousands of people, in Canada and beyond, come join us at Mylo.
Mylo is Canada’s fastest growing fintech, and we’re just getting started. Since launching in July 2017, Mylo has been downloaded over 750,000 times and has helped Canadians save and invest, many for the very first time.
We’ve been featured in major media across the country, won a deal on Dragons’ Den, and acquired an asset management firm with over $120M AUM. Our CEO Phil Barrar was nominated for EY Entrepreneur of the Year, made the Bay St Bull’s 30<30 List, and has raised $14M in funding to date, most notably from NAVentures, the venture capital division of National Bank of Canada and Desjardins Capital, the venture capital arm of North America’s largest association of credit unions.
What We Offer
In a short time, our team has grown from just a few to more than 50 people. At Mylo, we value making an impact, asking the tough questions and being inclusive. Our people and their passion are what truly set us apart.
- ● Open-concept offices in St-Henri (dogs are welcome!) with snacks and coffee provided
- ● Comprehensive health benefits package including remote care and extras like subsidized
- ● Generous vacation policy as well as flexible work hours and location
- ● Support for continuing your skills development, developing your industry knowledge and
achieving your career and personal development goals
- ● Team activities and get-togethers like game night and our annual holiday chalet getaway
- ● A casual environment where you will work with smart and passionate people
We believe in being an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity and differences of perspectives at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.