Sterling Talent Solutions is growing, and we need SDETs who move fast, are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems, and have a strong will to get things done. SDETs at Sterling work on HCM space at scale, own their systems end to end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts our customers.
The successful Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) candidate will have solid experience with developing test automation framework, extensive experience with testing data systems and possess the ability to cross train and mentor other team members on best practices, methods and use of proprietary internal tools. The SDET will be an active contributor in a collaborative team environment, and passionate about the quality of our work, our clients and our culture.
- Development of automation test framework.
- Create solid test plans, templates, and strategies for both automation and manual testing
- Maintain automated test tools and continuous integration systems.
- Execute and interpret test automation results.
- Execute manual tests when needed.
- Prepare reports documenting test execution results.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
- 3+ years of creating test automation experience
- 5+ years of testing software
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or C#/Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and testing solutions
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- A strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Working knowledge of SQL required, MySQL a plus
- Strong intuition for both manual and automated testing
- Good organizational skills with an eye for the details
- Experience creating and running Test Suites and Test Cases with Selenium 2.0
- Experience working with Selenium WebDriver
- Linux and Windows shell scripting a plus
- Experience with white box as well as black box testing
- Experience testing web driven APIs (RESTful or SOAP)
About Sterling Talent Solutions
Sterling Talent Solutions provides hiring peace of mind by delivering a simpler, smarter background screening and onboarding experience for employers worldwide. Our comprehensive suite of cloud-based background screening and onboarding solutions deliver accurate, reliable results and tools to maintain compliance throughout the hiring cycle.