Swift Medical is seeking an Engineering Manager, Dashboard to join our super fast growing team!
In this role you will lead our Dashboard team and own the ongoing development, maintenance, and performance. You will ensure that our development process maintains a sustainable, reliable, and predictable cadence, with high-quality outputs by fostering a culture of ownership, empowerment, and transparency.
You will play a key role in cultivating high-performing teams and building our impactful and inspiring platform.
Who you are:
You are a zestful and enterprising individual who loves to solve challenging problems. You are respectfully candid via focused and actionable feedback with and love to lead and grow a team. You’re willing to hold others accountable for their words and actions.
You are focused on proactively and persistently finding solutions and creating results. Your technical skills and your operational acumen set you apart. You are highly data driven, often recognized for your organization skills and your strong understanding of how to plan.
How you will make an impact:
- Support the in Integrations team in prioritizing, planning, and managing upcoming work items thus maintaining Swift’s support and performance SLAs;
- Identify and unblock issues impeding the team ensuring a near perfect delivery of committed features each quarter;
- Ensure that high priority bugs are being addressed in a timely manner and an annual reduction in the number of hotfix releases;
- Maintain system currency by focusing on technical debt and greenfield initiatives;
- Manage the professional and technical growth and development of our diverse team of engineers and enabling them to perform at their best;
- Take a leadership role in continuing to attract, develop and retain great engineering talent.
What you bring to the table:
- Computer Science or Engineering degree – related technical discipline or equivalent work experience;
- 3+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager, growing employees and guiding individual contributors to maximize their potential;
- 4+ years of industry experience as an individual contributor;
- 3+ year of experience in project management, design, planning, and work breakdowns;
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management;
- Knowledge of common SDLC patterns and practices;Ability to keep up with technology;
- Familiarity with architectural patterns and their trade-offs;
- Experience participating in and managing an on-call rotation plan.
To succeed in this role, you will also need:
- Proficient with React and Redux;
- Experience with at least one other SPA framework (e.g. Angular, Vue, Ember, Blazor);
- Experience with at least one SSR framework (e.g. Next.js, Angular Universal, Blazor);
- Familiar with embedded BI and reporting tools (e.g. PowerBI, Sigma, Tableau);
- Basic understanding of backend and database technologies.
Some of the things we offer to Swifties:
Unlimited Vacation Program
Participation in our Educational Reimbursement Program
Competitive Compensation with Employee Stock Options
Health, Vision, and Dental benefits
Healthcare Spending Account
Work from Home Reimbursements
Mentoring and development opportunities
Extensive training from seasoned, engaged professionals
Flexible, remote working options
The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our patients!
We are a diverse and equitable employer, committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Swift provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Swift Medical recognizes that challenges remain in achieving the full participation of equity-seeking groups (including women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority/racialized groups, and members of LGBTQ2+) in tech careers and is committed to identifying and eliminating barriers that may exist within its own hiring process, programs, and practices.
Swift Medical is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know how we can best meet your needs and advise us of any accommodations required to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
We thank and appreciate all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.