Swift Medical is currently seeking a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our team!
Who you are:
You excel in a fast-paced, agile environment where critical thinking, expeditious learning and strong problem-solving skills are a given. You are focused on proactively and persistently finding solutions and creating results. You have expertise in navigating complex situations, are obsessed with software and making it unbelievably great to enhance customer experience.
You possess outstanding communication and leadership skills. You are an agile developer who loves crafting sophisticated solutions to new, complex problems. You are passionate about the development of new software products and enhancements to existing products. You find joy in coding and always learning the latest development practices, platforms, and design patterns because it’s fun!
What you will do in more detail:
- Become the SME for our technologies and proactively master new ones;
- Champion innovation and change for full stack web components;
- Breakdown, design and implement new features keeping the product roadmap in mind;
- Collaborate with Product, DevOps & QA to design, develop and deploy new features and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs;
- Influence how and what we build with demonstrated technical expertise and full understanding of user experience and interfaces;
- Focus on minimizing the system’s technical debt;
- Proactively support team members and enable their growth and success;
- Evaluate the existing processes in the the team, identify inefficiencies and constantly improve them;
- Partner with DevOps on release management, continuous deployment, and automation.
- 5+ years of full-stack development experience and an excellent command of engineering fundamentals;
- Experience developing distributed services making use of modern Web frameworks, preferably with some full-stack experience;
- Experience mentoring people at different stages in their career;
- Experience writing well-tested code (RSpec, Jest etc.);
- Experience with Node.js, Ruby on Rails and/or React is considered an asset.
Technologies we use:
Ruby, Node.js / Typescript, Python / Flask backend;
Some of the things we offer to Swifties:
Unlimited Vacation Program
Participation in our Educational Reimbursement Program
Competitive Compensation with Employee Stock Options
Health, Vision, and Dental benefits
Healthcare Spending Account
Work from Home Reimbursements
Mentoring and development opportunities
Extensive training from seasoned, engaged professionals
Flexible, remote working options
The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our patients!
We are a diverse and equitable employer, committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Swift provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Swift Medical recognizes that challenges remain in achieving the full participation of equity-seeking groups (including women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority/racialized groups, and members of LGBTQ2+) in tech careers and is committed to identifying and eliminating barriers that may exist within its own hiring process, programs, and practices.
Swift Medical is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know how we can best meet your needs and advise us of any accommodations required to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
We thank and appreciate all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please no agency calls.