Sympower is an international smart energy scale-up with offices in 5 different countries.
We believe that climate change is the biggest challenge of our generation. By building solutions that connect the energy system with IoT we accelerate the transition to a clean and sustainable energy system.
We are looking for talented Software Engineer to join Sympower engineering team in our Amsterdam HQ.
Let’s build the future of energy systems together!
What you’ll do
As part of our growing engineering team, you will have various responsibilities:
- Full life cycle development, starting with technical design and ending with deploy to production environment.
- Identifying and improving parts of the platform to make it more scalable, fast and secure.
- Collaborating across teams and time zones to make things happen, review code and be open to feedback.
- Contributing ideas to our product development roadmap.
Who you are
- Someone having an eye for detail, taking ownership, flexible and eager to learn.
- Passionate about problem solving and proactive, who won’t hesitate involving colleagues for support when needed.
- Experience in real-world projects implemented with Java.
- Experience in independently running small projects end to end with little to no supervision.
- Interest in scaling services and IoT.
- Familiarity with some of the following technologies: Spring framework, JPA/Hibernate, RDBMS/PostgreSQL.
- Interest in data science and machine learning is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills in English. (both written and verbal)
What Sympower offers
- Impactful work – you have the opportunity to contribute to the fight against climate change.
- Motivational base pay and company stock options.
- No corporate BS.
- International and fast-paced environment.
- Team get-togethers multiple times per year in different countries.
- Technically challenging role and a software platform built in-house from the ground up.
- Flexible working hours and location independence.
- Opportunities for professional development through training and mentoring.
- Office in the center of Amsterdam.
- Relocation support.
- 30% reimbursement ruling for highly skilled migrants.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: €3,000.00 to €4,000.00 /month
software development: 3 years (Required)
Java: 2 years (Required)
EEA/EU resident – (no visa sponsorship available) (Required)