At Synopsys, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security We enable our customers to optimize chips for power, cost, and performance—eliminating months off their project schedules.
Virtual Prototypes are simulation models for a variety of electronic platforms in the automotive, enterprise, telecommunications or cloud market today. Our Virtual Prototyping team delivers these models to our worldwide customers and enables them to start with product development long before hardware is available.
If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you for the opportunity to join our team based near Edinburgh, Scotland offering flexible working from home arrangements.
In your R&D Software Engineer role you will:
- Strive for high quality software working with a team of experts developing high-performance pre-silicon Virtual Platforms models.
Configure and bring up complex software stacks and drivers on the simulated hardware.
Work closely with other development teams, 3rd party suppliers, support engineers and customers to identify, implement and deliver solutions.
- Required Experience:Good programming skills using C++.
Embedded software ideally including Linux OS build, configuration and debug.
- Programming in Python.
Embedded software using Arm cores or Arm architecture.
Hardware driver development/bring-up (C programming).
SystemC or transaction-level modelling.
Knowledge of AI/ML.
- BS or MS Computer Science / Electronics or similar.
What can we offer you?
- Great opportunity to enhance your career and contribute to the development of outstanding simulation solutions
- A lot of flexibility in how you work to allow for an optimal work/life balance
- All the benefits of a global company with the spirit of an agile team
- A competitive salary, share purchase program, bonus and pension scheme