Intermediate to Senior Full Stack Developer
Remote (within BC, Canada)
$80,000-$100,000 annual salary (negotiable for the right person)
Tactus Therapy is a leading developer of speech therapy software to help people communicate after a stroke. Our rehabilitation software helps tens of thousands of speech pathologists and stroke survivors around the world every day. Based in the Vancouver area, we are a small, ethical company with a tight-knit remote team that is scaling to increase our impact and help those who need it most.
We are looking for an intermediate to senior-level full stack developer, preferably with experience creating SaaS applications.
You could be driving and helping to implement:
- new user-facing features
- new content management features
- analytics and data tracking
- subscription and customer retention features
- release management processes
As we are developing a new service, we need help in all areas, so if you have particular experience in frontend, backend, or dev ops, that could work as well.
Our primary tech stack is Vue.js, Node.js, FeathersJS, MySQL, Docker, Azure.
It’s important that you produce robust, secure, modular, maintainable, and regulatory-compliant code. You will be coordinating with other team members, including other developers and our designers. Your commitment to a quality product is crucial.
This is a 40-hour a week full-time remote position that reports directly to the CTO. You must be a resident of British Columbia and eligible to work in Canada.
Starting salary will be based on experience. Benefits include:
- 3 weeks of paid vacation
- 11 paid holidays + extra days off between Christmas and New Year
- parental leave, sick leave, and flexible working hours
- paid educational courses and the opportunity for advancement and bonuses.
This is a rare opportunity to have a big impact in terms of creating new software, while also helping to actually make a difference in the lives of our users.
Responsibilities may include:
- Developing user-facing applications using Vue.js
- Building modular and reusable components and libraries
- Translating our UX designs from Figma into pixel-perfect screens
- Creating services and APIs
- Optimizing our application for performance
- Mentoring and helping other developers
- Performing code reviews with other developers
- Participating in project planning and other meetings with developers, designers, QA, etc.
- Estimating and tracking time on tasks using project management software
- Following current development processes as well as suggesting and implementing new processes to improve our workflow
- Staying up-to-date with all recent developments in the web development space
- Proposing any upgrades and updates necessary for keeping up with modern security and development best practices
- Familiarity with Vue.js 2, its core principles such as components, reactivity, and the virtual DOM, and the Vue.js ecosystem, including Vue CLI, Vuex, and Vue Router
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with Feathers JS
- Experience with Azure
- Experience with both consuming and designing RESTful APIs
- Experience with Git and Bitbucket, or equivalent
- Experience with JIRA or equivalent
- Detail-oriented with high standards
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
Other Things That Might Be Useful
- Experience with Bootstrap
- Experience with socket.io
- Experience with web accessibility standards
- Experience in the healthcare or disability space
- An interest in linguistics, psychology, and cognition
Please send the following to email@example.com
- a cover letter to indicate you are familiar with who we are and why you are interested
- your resume
- links to any code that you are proud of
An online coding test may be requested prior to interviews.