Linux and Android application and library developer
At Tech4home we design and build remote controls and IT services for TV operators.
You will find our CPE products at NOS in Portugal, Telefónica in Spain, Deutsche Telekom in Germany, SFR in France and many more operators around the world.
Besides remote controls, Tech4home also delivers all kind of libraries and applications to let entertainment devices and cloud based systems communicate with the remote control. For these system parts we are hiring a Linux and Android application and library developer.
- Combine APK development with lower level library development
- Interface with low resource devices like consumer remote controls.
- Product development in the remote control and home automation space with very high volume.
- Maintain high software quality in cost optimized architectures.
- Optional challenge: develop/maintain our cloud platform
- Software development in C, C++ and Java for Linux, Android and Android TV in embedded OS environments like STB, smart TV, smart phone, etc.
- Design, implement, modify and test apps (APK) and libraries.
- Participate in specification collection and system integration with our partners – this includes talking to our customers.
- Bug fixing and adhere to internal and industry design rules.
- Software tools development on Windows or Linux based systems.
- Software Quality Assurance.
Your skills and education:
- Degree in computer engineering, telecommunications or electrical engineering or equivalent level obtained through experience.
- 2 years+ relevant experience; additional experience will be valued.
- Good knowledge of C, C++ and Java is a must.
- Knowledge of an embedded Linux environment is a must.
- Experience with cloud product development is a plus (HTML5, PHP, database tool).
- Experience with Android, AOSP and/or Android TV is a plus.
- Experience with Android apps development is a plus.
- Experience with Apple apps development is a plus.
- Able to work autonomously and also in a team.
- English B2 minimum.
- Integration into the t4h innovations and product development teams.
- This is a full-time vacancy at our São João da Madeira office.