You will help our group increase velocity against a large and important backlog of work on a complex, large-scale Portfolio Review and Trading web application. You would work closely with our area’s Technical Architect, Product Owners, and other Application Subject Matter Experts to quickly deploy your skills in the most efficient/effective way possible. You will be understanding a complex User Story and, subsequently, designing/coding/testing/demonstrating a viable solve to the story. You will participate in traditional Agile team ceremonies and, additionally, assist our TA, POs and SMEs in Program Increment type planning. Given the application will be used multiple times daily by 25,000 individuals, performance is paramount. You will be working with our in-house performance teams to analyze client and server-side performance bottlenecks and come up with solutions to address identified issues. As a member of the respective agile team, collaboration among members of the team is important and participation in peer review code walkthroughs will be a key opportunity to share your expertise across the team.
What We Are Looking For:
- Demonstrable experience contributing work on a large-scale system, providing new functionality while maintaining existing functionality.
- Technical skills required include:
- Ability to develop JEE web applications in/with:
- Struts application framework
- Spring application framework specifically (Boot & Data JPA)
- JavaServer Pages
- Able to leverage common development principles and pipeline tools, including:
- Testing Frameworks: jUnit (with and without Mockito/Powermock)
- Build Frameworks/Management: Maven, Gradle, & Jenkins
- Code Management: Github & Sonar
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems or related field.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of Java and front-end development experience along with good analysis and trouble-shooting skills are required.
- Prior experience working on Agile teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complex technical issues in business terms.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills, and ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Knowledge of financial services industry is a plus.