Tempo Automation is the world’s fastest electronics manufacturer. Our software-driven smart factory in the heart of San Francisco merges data, analytics, and automation to deliver new levels of speed, quality, and insights. We make it possible for the world’s leading companies in aerospace, medical technology, industrial technology, and beyond to bring new innovations to the market faster and better than ever before.
We are seeking a strong and passionate Software Engineering leader to join us in building proprietary software that will disrupt the way electronics are manufactured. We’re seeking a hands-on manager that isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves, by writing performant code initially, but with this responsibility decreasing over time as your team grows.
- Manage, grow and develop a software engineering team including recruiting and performance development of direct reports
- Set goals, strategies, and oversee deployment of projects including data warehouse architecture and new product features
- Familiarize yourself with our codebase by initially producing high quality, testable code up to 50% of the time
- Influence and establish best practices through solid design decisions, tools, and processes
- Contribute creative and novel ideas to push the boundaries of our product’s capabilities
- Collaborate cross-functionally with management and product teams
- Communicate openly, supporting and championing innovation and inclusivity
- 3+ years of experience managing software teams
- 3+ years of experience with production class Python
- 2+ year of experience with JS frameworks (we use React)
- 5+ years of experience with web technologies in general
- Experience working in cloud infrastructure (we use AWS)
- Experience with relational databases (we use Postgres)
- Flexible Vacation – We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Generous Benefits – We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of employee’s premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Parental Leave – We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Flexible Stock Options – We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Snacks & Weekly Lunches – We offer a stacked snack pantry and free company-wide lunch on Friday’s to fuel the journey.
- San Francisco Office Location – We offer a convenient location with access to Muni, BART and the freeway.
- Commuter Benefits – However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees commuter benefits to assist with their journey to and from work.
- Transparent and Social Culture – We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have regular company-wide meetings to review milestones and metrics, and biweekly socials so our employees have the opportunity to interact with team members from different parts of the company.