ThreatX is seeking talented and highly motivated candidates to fill a Senior Software Developer position in our development engineering team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, development enhancement and operational support of major components of the ThreatX Web Application and API Protection (WAAP) Platform.
The position works with the existing core technology platform (including provisioning systems and realtime analysis and correlation engines, primarily written in Rust), the ThreatX web management and analytics dashboard (primarily written in React / TypeScript), and code-management / deployment tools (Git, Webpack, Cargo, etc.) to design, develop, test and deploy software to our production environment.
The ideal candidate must have excellent software development skills, a demonstrated ability to learn multiple development languages, and a keen understanding of security tools and techniques. This senior level role requires demonstrated ability to work with a high degree of autonomy designing, developing, and maintaining advanced modules within a large distributed system.
Like most of the world, we’re working remotely these days, so communication skills—both verbal and written—are critical.
At ThreatX we’re proud of our technology, and of our startup culture. The right candidate will need exemplary skills, a strong work ethic and intrinsic motivation to thrive here. If you love what you do and want to join a team of people who are changing the world of application and API protection, drop us a resume.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong (expert level) software engineering skills in web server or distributed systems applications using a language such as Rust, C/C++, Java, Golang, Node.js, Python, or similar.
- We’re a Rust shop, so candidates with excellent programming skills must be eager and willing to learn Rust. (We’ll help!).
- Experience writing and maintaining applications with significant document-oriented database interactions.
- We use MongoDB heavily here, so candidates must be eager and willing to ramp up in MongoDB. (We’ll help!)
- We’re a React shop, so candidates must be eager and willing to learn React too.(We’ll help!).
- Proven ability to learn and become productive in a new project quickly.
- BS in Computer Science / Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in most or all of our technology stack – Rust, MongoDB, React, Docker.
Secure coding expertise (OWASP).
- Knowledge of perimeter security products and solutions.
- Knowledge of malware analysis methods or experience in forensics and log analysis.
- Data science and machine learning experience.
- Network/socket programming knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge of Windows/UNIX/Linux/Solaris operating systems and networking technology.
- Enhance product capabilities within ThreatX platform components.
- Ensure the timely design, development, test, and deployment of new components, as needed, to fulfill customer and market requirements.
- Share responsibility for the deployment, maintenance and tier-3 support of the ThreatX platform.
- Work with the senior management and other engineers to ensure efficacy, compatibility and performance across the ThreatX platform.
- Participate in standups, reviews and sprint kickoff activities for product releases.
- Follow the ThreatX change management process.
- Serve as subject matter expert for the ThreatX product and service.
- Support ThreatX’s commitment to create an outstanding experience for all our customers.