Tigerspike, Wrocław, is looking for a Mobile Technical Lead, with exceptional software engineering skills, who loves being involved in challenging and innovative work to help us create digital products across a range of industries.
As we are at the infant stage of our set up in Poland, it’s an exciting time to join our shiny new office in the heart of Wroclaw. It will feel like a startup environment, but with the benefit of being part of a global team.
The Technical Lead role at Tigerspike is a varied one. Typically you will oversee a project (or two) from an architectural & code quality perspective without necessarily writing any code. Sometimes you will participate in the project as a programmer as well as taking the lead on code direction and there is the opportunity to line manage and nurture other engineers.
As a Technical Lead, you must demonstrate good leadership and communication skills, be self-motivated, able to problem solve and motivate other team members. You will be able to quickly learn and utilise new technologies and promote relevant emerging technologies to help improve the business.
Although 90% of our projects are native mobile apps we also work with other technologies such as wearables, VR/AR and IoT devices as well as web & hybrid apps. These projects range from boutique to multinational, across consumer and enterprise.
We take our clients from concept to architecture and through to development and support. These relationships can be as short as four weeks but often lead to a continuous delivery model which can be as long as two years.
We work in 10-day sprints, following all Scrum rituals and have a passion for Clean Architecture & SOLID principles.
If you want to see a project through end to end, but still have the opportunity to work across different industries on a variety of projects then this could be the right opportunity for you.
Key Skills/ Experience
- Extensive recent hands-on coding and software design experience
- Substantial experience of Object Oriented coding on the iOS or Android platform, with some hands-on commercial experience with back-end or cross-platform technologies a bonus
- Code against, and promote the use of, SOLID principles to write clean, reusable, maintainable and readable code
- Unit test experience, including mock objects and code coverage
- Experience with platform tools for troubleshooting, debugging and optimising your code
- Knowledge of the SDLC and experience maintaining & improving a Continuous Integration system
- Proven experience successfully leading a team of developers
- Proven track record delivering software using Scrum or Kanban
- Commitment to accurate documentation
What will I do?
- Manage, mentor & support team members, providing technical leadership and advice
- Work and collaborate in a multi-disciplinary Agile team to build, test and deliver robust, high-quality software, by: Participating in workshops, gathering and refining requirements, performing technical analysis, delivering working software incrementally
- Participate in team-based estimation exercises
- Help maintain and improve our code quality through peer review, unit and functional test automation and delivering according to an agreed “definition of done”
- Review test plans
- Identify project development tasks
- Contribute to technical pre-sales
- Document your work – in code and on our development wikis
- Contribute to, author & critique software designs & architectures for technical projects
As well as offering competitive salaries & a great team culture, we have more perks such as:
- 25 days’ holiday + a bonus day for your Birthday
- Mobile phone allowance
- Sports card
- Annual professional and personal training/development allowance
- Travel to our London office to get involved in important events and meet the team
- The opportunity to travel & work in one of our other global offices
*See for yourself on Glassdoor: http://bit.ly/2kPBH7X
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Tigerspike is a digital products company improving people’s lives through technology. Focusing on strategy, experience design, development and systems integration, our work is hinged on five key values: Transparency, Resilience, Problem-solving, Energy and Curiosity. We have a reputation for innovation and creating long-term partnerships with customers such as Emirates, American Express, The United Nations, Westfield, ADP and New Look.
Our People are our culture and that is what makes us unique. Founded in 2003 with a team spanning 9 global offices and counting, we are excited to continue supporting businesses #TheTigerspikeWay.