Staff Developer, Mobile Software Development (iOS)
TouchBistro is looking for a Staff Developer, Mobile Software Development (iOS). As our POS system evolves, our customers are demanding more product capabilities and flexibility with the current feature set. As a member of the Technology team, you will have the opportunity to work on some of our current iOS features to help deliver and iterate on solutions that meet these demands.
Our current stack is built around some Objective-C and a whole lot of Swift! The development team is poised for growth and along with that comes many opportunities to learn different skills both technical and not. “Fix it, Ship it, Own it” is our department mantra that we live by daily. We value shipping quality code that delivers end-to-end functionality, and then iterating and improving on that code using feedback loops from our observability stack.
- Create and lead the implementation of development best practices on core functionality of the POS
- Stay up-to-date with best practices and tooling from the iOS community
- Collaborate with various teams to solve problems and learn from failures
- Mentor and coach team members within the Development team
All About You
- You have expert knowledge of Swift or Objective-C
- 7+ years of experience developing native iOS apps in a production setting
- You have an expert understanding of blocks, GCD, memory management, and Cocoa design patterns
- You have proven experience with UIKit, Core Animation, Core Data and SQLite
- You are an expert with various app architectures, like MVC, MVVM, etc.
- You have a thorough understanding of networking and RESTful APIs
- Ability to clearly communicate, drive technical decision making, mentor less experienced developers, and estimate delivery effectively
What We Offer
At TouchBistro, we are a diverse group of restaurant-obsessed, tech-loving people brought together by a mission to support the passion and success of restaurateurs. You can feel confident joining a fun, vibrant, and rapidly growing environment. You will be working alongside driven individuals who are passionate, innovative, accountable, collaborative, and respectful.
- Company equity
- Generous PTO policy
- Career progression & professional development
- Linkedin Learning membership
- Volunteer program
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Monthly lunches
- Summer employee appreciation days
- Parental leave & top up
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Home office setup assistance
- Beautiful, brand new office spaces in the heart of downtown Toronto (our HQ), Vancouver, NYC, LA, and Chicago
TouchBistro is an all-in-one Point-of-Sale and restaurant management system that makes running a restaurant easier. We have powered more than 29,000 restaurants around the world, and we know that while passion is plenty in the restaurant industry, time and money usually aren’t. Providing the most essential front of house, back of house and customer engagement solutions on one easy-to-use platform, TouchBistro helps restaurateurs streamline and simplify their operations, increase sales, drive revenue, and deliver a stellar guest experience.
TouchBistro believes in fostering an inclusive workplace where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process