Who are we?
Trip Ninja is a global travel technology company specializing in complex travel. We develop technologies that increase profit margins for travel companies while providing travellers with savings. We believe that the ability to travel is a beautiful thing and are on a mission to make travel smarter and more accessible.
Who is the right candidate to join our team?
We are looking for applicants who are curious, committed, and want to help improve the travel experience at scale. We offer flexible work schedules, comprehensive benefits, and a supportive team.
As a Team Lead and Solutions Architect you can expect to:
– Improve existing products and ensure scalability as sales and operations ramp up
– Reports to the VP Engineering and manages a team of ~5+ developers and other technical personnel.
– Manages sprint work of developers, supports team in achieving objectives
– Designs improvements to architecture for existing products and works as part of new product development early on from the architecture perspective to ensure stability, security, and scalability of new products
– Mentor and guide other Trip Ninja software developers including performance metrics and 1:1s
– Work alongside our operations team to hire more developers
– Grow your knowledge of the travel industry and awareness of technology trends
Required Qualifications & Experience:
– BS/MS or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related field
– 5 years prior experience in a similar software development role
– Experience managing a team
– Experience with architecture design, especially while working with AWS is very important
– Experience with front-end development (React, JS/Angular, HTML, CSS/Bootstrap, etc)
– Experience with back-end development (Python/Django)
– Committed to continuous improvement
Desired Qualifications & Experience:
– Working knowledge of machine learning (not hands on necessarily, but knows when/how to use it)
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Hard working and detail-oriented
Trip Ninja values your time and effort. We aspire to make our hiring process as simple and transparent as possible. We commit to a streamlined process as follows:
– Suitable applicants are selected for an initial 20-minute interview*
– Successful intro interviews are followed by a 60-minute interview
– Candidates will then be asked to complete a small technical trial (this will take 90 minutes and you will receive a $60 gift certificate as compensation)
– Candidates will receive a decision within 2-5 days
*Please let us know if you require after-hours interview time accommodation in your application. We understand that candidates may have jobs that lack flexibility.
What we offer:
– Competitive compensation and benefits package
– 100% remote work
– RRSP matching
– 4 weeks vacation: taking vacation and personal time is a priority
– Work-from-home: at our core we are remote-first company; we also offer our team members the ability to work abroad for up to 2 months per year
– Flexible work schedule: we are happy to work with our team to accommodate schedules that work for everyone
– Parental leave: we offer leave for all parents and are happy to accommodate the needs of anyone on our team who has children
– Engaging work: we solve the hard problems of the travel industry and provide endless opportunities to innovate
– Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: we strive for a balanced team that values different viewpoints and life experiences and strive to maintain an equitable hiring process
– 10% time to allow for self-led learning and exploration of new skills
Trip Ninja is based in Halifax, Canada and we will be prioritizing Halifax-based candidates but are accepting applications from all over Canada as we are 100% remote in most areas.
If this sounds like you, let’s talk!