U.S. News & World Report is looking for a full-time DevOps Engineer to streamline our Continuous Integration/Delivery processes and tools to help deliver dynamic, data-driven products for one of the globe’s most trusted brands.
As a DevOps Engineer, your role will be to bridge the Web Systems/Operations & Development teams to improve our build, integration & deployment procedures, automated build pipeline and CI/CD systems.
About US News
For 80 years, U.S. News & World Report has built a strong and profitable business by providing research and ratings that help individuals and families make important life decisions. While the platform has evolved, what hasn’t changed is our commitment to providing our readers with the highest quality products.
We have a diverse environment, with Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X machines living side-by-side. The majority of our development effort involves building & maintaining web applications on Python & Java.
Our applications support just about every aspect of company operations, including content management for the usnews.com website, data ranking products such as Best Colleges/Grad schools and Best Hospitals, and other business applications.
We offer a casual work environment. Our offices are in the Georgetown neighborhood of Washington, D.C.
– Solid understanding of modern web-based application development and underlying technologies.
– Experience working on a multi-person software development team with robust deployment tooling.
– Applicants should be familiar with:
– Principles and practices for Continuous Integration/Delivery
– CI systems (e.g. Jenkins)
– Virtualization (e.g. Vagrant, VMWare, Virtual Box)
– Configuration & Provisioning (e.g. Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Salt Stack)
– Build tools (e.g. Maven, make)
– Working with Linux based systems (Debian, CentOS, or RHEL)
– Applicants should have strong oral and written communications skills.
– A 4-year degree or equivalent is a plus.
– Experience with source control systems, such as Git or Subversion, is a plus.
– Application server experience (e.g. Tomcat, WSGI), is a plus.
– Containerization experience (e.g. Docker) is a plus.
– Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a plus.
We are offering a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes healthcare, dental, and 401(k) plan.
About U.S. News & World Report
U.S. News & World Report is a publisher of news and information that empowers people to make better, more informed decisions about important issues affecting their lives.