Cyber Security Engineer
Located in Dulles, Virginia, Unanet is a terrific company, with ‘A’ performers in a close-knit team who have built a fantastic product that is trusted by over 1,000 customers.
Unanet’s Cloud software helps project-driven organizations reliably plan, track and manage projects, people, and financials. Unanet provides budgeting & planning, resource scheduling & skills management, timesheets, expense reports, billing & revenue recognition, workforce collaboration, real-time project reporting, analytics, and management dashboards, along with GL, AP, AR, Cost Pools, Income Statement, Balance Sheet, etc. Further, all Unanet software development and support is based in the United States.
At Unanet you will work collaboratively with colleagues who commit to the key goal of achieving customers’ expected outcomes, have pride and passion in their work ethic, can depend on each other to make things happen, respect opinions and like to work hard, succeed, and have fun. We are proud to offer a competitive salary, health and life insurance benefits, and the potential for bonus and profit-sharing. All of which contributed to Unanet’s 2016, 2017 and 2018 Top Workplaces award honored by The Washington Post!
We are seeking a candidate to fill the position of Cyber Security Engineer. The Cyber Security Engineer will work with Unanet’s SysOps, CloudOps and DevOps teams to provide security expertise, lead compliance audits, and identify and assist with mitigation of security risks across the organization.
This position is based out of our Dulles, VA office and will report to the Senior Vice President of Product Management.
Applicants must be authorized for non-sponsored employment in the U.S.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the CloudOps and SysOps teams to ensure the compliance of security standards
- Consulting with internal teams to identify security vulnerabilities
- Assisting the CloudOps team with implementing Intrusion Detection/Prevention systems
- Developing security measures to protect information systems from unauthorized access
- Analyzing logs to identify unusual access or activities
- Assisting with the definition, implementation, and enforcement of corporate security policies and procedures
- Maintaining security documents including Risk Assessment reports, Disaster Recovery documents, and System Security Plans (SSPs)
- Consulting with the development organization to detect and mitigate security vulnerabilities within the Unanet product
- Participating in incident management efforts where appropriate
- Providing off-hours support on an infrequent basis, as required
- Additional duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications include:
- 5+ years of experience in a cyber security or related field
- Experience with cloud security and AWS services
- Familiarity with NIST 800-171/53, FedRAMP, and SOC2 compliance
- Experience with System Engineering, Network Engineering, IT Architecture desired
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude, flexibility and a professional work ethic
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a cyber security-related field
Unanet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws.