Senior Software Engineer (Java)
Located in Dulles, Virginia, Unanet is a terrific company, with ‘A’ performers in a close-knit team who have built a fantastic product that is trusted by over 1,000 customers.
Unanet’s software (Cloud or On-Premise) helps project-driven organizations reliably plan, track and manage projects, people, and financials. Unanet provides budgeting & planning, resource scheduling & skills management, timesheets, expense reports, billing & revenue recognition, workforce collaboration, real-time project reporting, analytics, and management dashboards, along with GL, AP, AR, Cost Pools, Income Statement, Balance Sheet, etc. Further, all Unanet software development and support are based in the United States.
At Unanet you will work collaboratively with colleagues who commit to the key goal of achieving customers’ expected outcomes, have pride and passion in their work ethic, can depend on each other to make things happen, respect opinions and like to work hard, succeed, and have fun. We are proud to offer a competitive salary, health and life insurance benefits, and the potential for bonus and profit-sharing. All of which contributed to Unanet’s 2016, 2017 and 2018 Top Workplaces award honored by The Washington Post!!
- Work with Product Management to evaluate requirements and estimate time to develop solutions
- Design, implement, and test product functionality working closely with other engineers
- Present prototypes and functioning code to Product Management for review
- Present finalized features to internal audiences
- Provide input towards technical and functional innovation, and development process improvements
- Provide product technical support to Customer Service, Account Management, and Sales Teams as needed
This full-time, exempt position is based out of Dulles, VA, and reports to the Director of Product Development.
Applicants must be authorized for non-sponsored employment in the US.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field from an accredited college/university
- Strong collaborative team player with a self-motivated, can-do attitude
- 7+ years of professional development experience using Core Java and SQL
- Strong SQL skills (Oracle and MS SQL-Server a plus)
- Strong experience with HTML, DHTML preferably with multiple browsers
- Extensive experience with Design, Construction, and Testing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience using Tomcat, IIS, and XML is desired
- Experience in developing products is desired
We are proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.