Upfeat is a content technology company that focuses on e-commerce content that ranges from online shopping guides to coupons, deals, and rewards. With software and services built by the dev team, the world’s biggest online newspaper & magazine companies open revenue opportunities in the e-commerce space. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing software companies for the past 2 years, we are looking for a passionate and dedicated data scientist to join the R&D team and help to build the intelligent brain for all of our products.
As a member of the team, you would be working in a cloud-based microservice ecosystem. Being a technology-focused company, led by a former software developer, we are looking for someone who loves learning and experimenting with new technology. We are also looking for someone who loves pushing themselves to achieve bigger and better things. We are a small company trying to do big things and every person counts.
You’ll be working on things like:
- Building data products and models that power Upfeat’s intelligence
- Supporting and improving MLOps platform
- Writing well-tested code
- Helping people make well-informed decisions
- Receiving mentorship and infinite opportunities to learn and grow
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering, or other similar major
- 2 years of experience as Data scientist, ML engineer, or similar position
- Experience with distributed data processing tools like Hive, Spark, Airflow and popular ML frameworks like Tensor flow or Pytorch is preferred
- Solid knowledge in Data Science, Mathematics, and Statistics
- Industry experience building end-to-end Machine Learning Infrastructure is a big plus