We are a content technology company that focuses on e-commerce content. Our content ranges from online shopping guides, to coupons, deals, and rewards. With our software and services, some of the world’s biggest online newspaper & magazine companies use our software to open revenue opportunities in the e-commerce space. We are one of Canada’s fastest-growing software companies for the past 2 years and we are looking for passionate and dedicated software developers to join our team and help us create the next generation of e-commerce content publishing and analytics tools.
As a member of the team, you will be working in a cloud-based microservice ecosystem. Being a technology-focused company, led by a former software developer, we are looking for someone who loves learning and experimenting with new technology. We are also looking for someone who loves pushing themselves to achieve bigger and better things. We are a small company trying to do big things – every person counts.
- Cooperating with the team and product managers to deliver features and bug fixes in an efficient and satisfying way.
- Writing code that is clean, maintainable, understandable, and contributes to our technical progress across the whole company.
- Identifying opportunities to create reusable packages, and to make our packages easier to integrate with other projects and test, and less likely to require changes in the future.
- Identifying opportunities to improve the tools that we use, and to use new tools to make the developer experience smoother and more rewarding.
- Delivering new features in existing VueJS frontend projects and Typescript NodeJS or serverless backends.
- Creating new, from-scratch internal and public projects using Typescript and VueJS.
- Discussing and contributing to our current best practices.
- Ensuring code is properly tested and finding ways to improve our testing practices.
- Ensuring CI code builds the projects in a way that makes sense and follows current best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a NodeJS Developer
- NPM Package development in individual repositories and monorepos
- Experience with VueJS
- Experience with modern Typescript backend frameworks such as NestJS, as well as Express
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, Memcache, Redis, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Kibana, GraphQL
- Experience with NPM package and RushJS or other monorepo project development
- Proficient with HTML, CSS, and SCSS
- Experience with serverless platforms such as GCP Cloud Functions, AWS Lambda, Cloudflare Workers
- Experience with Authentication and providers such as Auth0, Google Identity, Okta
- Experience with testing and TDD or other testing methodologies in Typescript, Jest
- Experience with continuous integration