We are a content technology company that focuses on commerce content. Commerce content ranges from online shopping guides, to coupons, deals, and rewards. With our software and services, some of the world’s biggest online newspaper & magazine companies use our software to open revenue opportunities in the e-commerce space. One of Canada’s fastest-growing software companies for the past 2 years, we are looking for passionate and dedicated software developers to join our team and help us create the next generation of commerce content publishing and analytics tools.
As a member of the team, you would be working in a cloud-based microservice ecosystem. Being a technology-focused company, led by a former software developer, we are looking for someone who loves learning and experimenting with new technology. We are also looking for someone who loves pushing themselves to achieve bigger and better things. We are a small company trying to do big things and every person counts.
- Cooperating with the team and product managers to deliver features and bug fixes in an efficient and satisfying way.
- Writing code that is clean, maintainable, understandable, and contributes to our technical progress across the whole company.
- Identifying opportunities to create reusable packages, and to make our packages easier to integrate with other projects and test, and less likely to require changes in the future.
- Identifying opportunities to improve the tools that we use, and to use new tools to make the developer experience smoother and more rewarding.
- Delivering new features and bug fixes in existing PHP Laravel or Lumen backends with vanilla or VueJS frontends, and bringing them up to date with best practices.
- Creating APIs to access new and existing data, and client libraries to integrate with PHP and NodeJS projects.
- Discussing and contributing to current best practices.
- Ensuring code is properly tested and finding ways to improve our testing practices.
- Ensuring CI code builds the projects in a way that makes sense and follows current best practices.
- Degree in computer science
- 3 years experience as a PHP Developer
- Experience with VueJS and Typescript
- Experience with modern PHP backend architecture
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, Memcache, Redis, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Kibana, GraphQL
Proficient with HTML, CSS, and SCSS
- Experience with serverless platforms such as GCP Cloud Functions, AWS Lambda, Cloudflare Workers
- Experience with Authentication and providers such as Auth0, Google Identity, Okta
- Experience with testing and TDD or other testing methodologies in PHPUnit
- Experience with continuous integration