Vanilla is looking for a talented and creative Application Developer who wants to join a profitable and rapidly growing SaaS startup. We have the best community forum product on the market and an incredible customer list to match.
As a developer, you’ll start with bug fixes, troubleshooting support issues and then move on to building plugins and contributing to core product development once you are ramped up.
We’re a highly collaborative team of people that love what we do. Our open plan office format encourages us to talk through solutions and brainstorm often, and we’re looking for someone that will actively participate in that kind of environment.
This is a great opportunity for a creative and hardworking individual to make an impact, in an environment that encourages learning and growth. This position is based in Montreal, Quebec.
– Work within the existing source code to improve our product
– Research and deploy new features and technologies as we add features
– Write addons and implement customizations for our clients
– Produce code and architecture that can withstand millions of user actions per hour
– Work with technical support and directly with clients to resolve issues
– Highly proficient in PHP
– Experience with a *nix environment
– Comfortable on the command line and with build tools
– Familiar with, and proponent of, modern source control (we use Git)
– Understanding of client/server architecture, especially as it relates to the web
– Relevant post secondary education, or equivalent industry experience
About Vanilla Forums, Inc.
Vanilla helps organizations build unique online communities that are used by millions of people each month. What we do makes the internet more diverse, more useful and more fun. We’re looking for passionate, hard working people who want to help us reinvent community forum software. We offer a casual work environment, health benefits, Mac gear, free snacks and a job that you’ll love!
Vanilla is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.