Azure Data Platform Solution Architect
We pledge “to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer’s businesses”. We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company – we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
With increasingly vast seas of digital information, smart organisations can today do things that were up to now impossible; spot unseen business trends, prevent diseases, make our roads safer and so on. At Version 1 our Mission is to prove IT can make a real difference. We prove this every day and due to continued expansion we’re searching for like-minded individuals to help us ‘take it to the next level’.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Intelligence & Data Analytics Solutions Architect. where you will join a team delivering a transformative cloud-hosted data platform for a key Version 1 customer.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in leading and delivering Azure Data Analytics solutions with Enterprise level organisations. We are seeking someone who can create and deliver a BI vision with customers across many sectors. You will be highly proficient working with business stakeholders and directing project teams and will have direct experience of a range of BI Tools and Platforms.
You will have excellent experience and a proven track record architecting enterprise-level data platforms. You will manage your own and your team’s performance to deliver high quality, highly performant solutions to our customer.
Your main responsibilities will be:
Designing and delivering Azure Data Analytics solutions
Requirements Analysis and Solution Architecture Design.
Data modelling and data architecture design.
ETL, data integration and data migration design.
Master data management system and process design and implementation.
Data quality system and process design.
Analysis of requirements and production of specifications.
Documentation of solutions (e.g. data models, configurations, and setup).
Working within a project management/agile delivery methodology in a leading role as part of a wider team.
Deal with other stakeholders/ end users in the software development lifecycle – PMs, BAs, testing etc
You will have:
· Direct experience of solution shaping and architecture development during pre-sales & delivery including excellent documentation skills.
· Microsoft Azure Big Data Architecture certification.
· Hands on experience Architecting and delivering solutions using the Azure Data Analytics platform including Azure Databricks, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Data Factory, Azure Logic Apps, Azure Functions, Azure Storage, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Data Lake, Azure Search
· Experience designing and implementing machine learning solutions as part of high volume data ingestion and transformation pipelines
· Knowledge and experience of working with image data in a machine learning environment
· Experience working with structured and unstructured data, including geospatial data
· Recent experience with Open Source technologies such as Apache Spark, Hadoop, NoSQL, Kafka, Solr/Elastic Search
· Experience with best practice design principles and approaches for a range of application styles and technologies to help guide and steer decisions.
· Experience working in a Dev/Ops environment with tools such as Chef, Puppet or Terraform
· Experience of motivating and managing team performance in delivering to agreed timelines
… and you’ll be able to provide evidence and examples of where you have demonstrated these skills in the past. If so, we’d love to speak with you.
For more info please get in touch. Permanent applications ideally. Must have work permit due to timeframes.
Talent Acquisition Manager
Please note: We have an internal recruitment team and does not accept agency candidates. If you want to join the team here at Version 1, get in touch with us directly!