In Visma e-conomic we strive towards delivering great value for our customers, building awesome features, and helping them in their daily work. We focus on the large accounting offices, and on enabling them in their daily work.
We build new features in React and C# while maintaining and constantly improving our existing code base.
We strive to make our customers happy, learn new things, and to enjoy every day at work.
Wanna join the ride as a Team Lead in our new Tech Hub in Porto? Check out the details below
What you will be doing
In this key role, you will be managing a team of professional developers. You will be taking a leading role in initiating and executing technical improvements and providing day-to-day technical guidance to your team. You do this together with the tech leads with which you cooperate on a regular basis. Additionally, you perform senior developer tasks in your team, where you contribute directly to building software that revolutionizes the traditional accounting industry. You do this by performing key tasks, like:
- Identifying potential improvements in our technical solutions and practices
- Leading the implementation of tech-related initiatives (i.e. architecture, infrastructure or code initiatives)
- Being a partner in dialogue with the other tech leads and the management team on technical approaches and planning
- Implementing new features and functionalities into our products
- Optimizing and refactoring the existing code bases
- Building readable, maintainable and performant code using best software practices
- Optimizing our application for maximum speed and scalability
- Identifying and discussing application-wide improvements
- Mentoring and coaching other developers
- Collaborating with other team members and stakeholders across Denmark, Romania and Portugal
Technologies used in Visma e-conomic:
- C# 7.0, MS SQL
- REST through .NET Web API
- React 16+, ES6+, Typescript, Prettier, Webpack, Rollup and more
- Variety of microservices written in Node.js, Golang and C#
- We use AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform where we deploy hundreds of VM, several Kubernetes clusters and consume dozens of managed cloud services.
- Kubernetes and Docker on our platform, and Teamcity, Appveyor and Travis for CI/CD
- Skilled and experienced using C#
- Experience leading a team and managing people
- Knowledge of software development, REST architecture, and common development patterns
- Experience with Agile software development Previous experience working as a tech lead, or a role with similar responsibilities
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related fields
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
What does life at Visma look like?
We will offer you a competitive salary and benefits package. But, we hope you will give us a chance based on what truly makes us the coolest place to work (in our opinion):
- We love that you bring your ideas to the table: You will be part of a culture that favors experiments and value initiative, so it’s easy to get your ideas heard.
- Make an impact from day 1: We want you to experience meaning as much as you experience mastery through creating value that impacts people’s everyday lives. And you get to influence how to go about creating that value with full autonomy of your work.
- Flexibility at all stages of life: Work is an important part of life. Yet, we know that you are much more than your job. We make room for people at all stages of life.
- We invest in your competence: When you step into Visma, opportunities from A-Z awaits. You will be met by engaged leaders that care for and support you, and take part to competence sharing and learning networks across Visma within.
- Above all, we are a team: Team spirit is key for us to deliver on our promises to people and society, but most importantly; to form a culture where people support and care for each other as much as we have tons of fun together
Visma is a leading provider of mission-critical business software for a more efficient and resilient society. By simplifying and automating the work of companies and organisations of all sizes, we improve people’s everyday lives. Today we are more than 250 companies and on a weekly basis a new company is acquired by Visma and joins our family. With 14,000 employees, 1,135,000 private and public sector customers across the Nordics, Benelux, Central and Eastern Europe and Latin America, and net revenue of €1,741 million in 2020, we are committed to making tomorrow better than today.
We build and design a cloud-based accounting product that helps companies run their businesses. More than +160.000 happy customers use our product on a regular basis. We have more than 350 employees from +25 nationalities.
At Visma e-conomic we respect and value differences and find that a diverse workforce enables creativity and drives innovation.
Does this sound interesting? Then we look forward to receiving your application!