We are looking to reinforce our Dev Team with experienced engineers. Our current team is of 15 engineers from junior to very senior (15+ YOE from top organizations like Amazon & Mozilla).
Visualping is one of the most exciting companies for software engineers as we reached 2 million users across 195 countries by focusing on “Product Led Growth” with both a B2C and B2B platform. We are part of the Google Startup Accelerator cohort.
On the enterprise side, we have users in 85% of Fortune 500 companies and are one of the fastest growing start-ups in Vancouver. We were nominated as best start-up in Vancouver by BCTECH, top 10 start-up by New Ventures BC and won the best Canadian start-up award by Harvard Business School.
Visualping is a simple online service that alerts users when something important changes in any page. From consumers tracking an out of stock to hedge funds teams tracking big data changes, our use cases are so vast that we aim at being an indispensable daily service for 3 billion internet users. Our service is used by 85% of Fortune 500 companies.
We appeared in NBC News and were featured by The Wall Street Journal, Fox News, The Washington Post, The Verge, The Telegraph, The Sun and many other publications around the world. Check out our press coverage here:
We closed $8 million seed round with Fuse Ventures, Mistral Ventures and N49P and will be doubling our team size this year. As we are Freemium SaaS B2C and B2B operating in the Robotic Process Automation space, the fastest growing enterprise market, we offer an incredibly rich experience for all team members participating in the company’s development.
You will be joining at the perfect juncture where the small size of the team will allow you to take future leadership positions as the team grows and the potential value of the stock options is at its maximum range.
Stack & environment
We automate web browsers using Puppeteer and running on AWS and GCP.
We build our Frontend on React & Typescript and our Backend on Node and Typescript.
We deploy all our microservices daily using CI/CD pipelines.
We have software quality as a cornerstone of our work culture.
What you can expect
• A open minded team and management and a culture of collaboration.
• A well organized Agile workflow driven by our very experienced product team.
• Opportunities to mentor more junior developers
• Opportunities to learn from conversation with Senior devs and design discussions
• Learning opportunities: regular knowledge sharing sessions on the best practices & new technologies
• A company 100% remote Work with few in-person meeting a year. Most of our Staff is based around Vancouver, and some around Toronto as well. If we re-open an office you will not have to relocate and the remote work will remain a valid option forever.
• You love software development and you are good at it
• 8+ years of experience in the software development industry
• You know the modern web stack on front end and backend
• You have a working knowledge in system / network administration or cloud admin
• You have a working knowledge in term of security best practices
• You feel comfortable to work from home with regular online conversations with peers
• You are a team player
Bonus points if you:
• Have experience with Node.js, TypeScript, React, Kubernetes, MySQL, Redshift
• Knowledge of AWS or GCP
• Bring your own ideas and tech stack to improve what we do
What we offer:
• Competitive cash and equity compensation based on experience
• A remote-friendly environment with flexible hours with the option to work from our Vancouver office.
• 4 weeks of paid vacation ( 1 between Christmas and New Years and the 3 others whenever)
• 5 paid personal wellness days (sick days, moving days, personal days, etc.)
• Work from home equipment and furniture allowance
• Health and wellness allowance
• Company contribution and access to best-in-class health benefits
• Team events, off-sites, retreats, professional development and ongoing learning
We welcome everyone to apply
We celebrate everyone and their multiple identities. We believe that a wealth of diverse experience allows us to make better decisions together and inspires innovation so that we can better serve our customers and community. Our goal is for everyone working at Visualping to feel deeply connected to their team through mutual value, respect, and understanding.
Remote based in Canada