Here at Vodafone UK, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented and enthusiastic Lead Java Developer/ Team Leader to join our new Digital Engineering team in Newbury and London.
Working as a Lead Java Developer/ Team Leader within UK Digital IT, you’ll play a leading role in fulfilling Vodafone’s digital ambitions, driving the implementation of our Digital platform and setting standards for our teams to follow.
This is a unique opportunity to be an early member of a newly established team working on new development projects within an established global technology leader.
You’ll be responsible for:
As a Lead Java Developer/ Team Leader, you would bring with you a broad experience and a passion for modern development technologies and look to embrace our DevOps methodology. You and the Digital team will be acting as pioneers within the function and building world-class products that delight our customers and transform the way they engage with us.
As a Lead Java Developer/ Team Leader your role will consist of:
- Design & development of our digital platform as part of a development squad using Scrum/Kanban within a SAFe environment
- Driving the quality and performance of your micro-services, through the use of standards and best practices
- Line management, support and coaching of 6-7 engineers
- Establishing a culture of continuous improvement through learning, training and coaching
Ensuring quality is at the heart of everything you and your team does
To be successful you’re going to need:
- Extensive experience in designing and developing RESTful APIs within a micro-services architecture
- Deep knowledge of Java (JEE) and Java Servlets
- Substantial experience in Scrum and developing through BDD/TDD, using associated tools for testing and continuous integration & deployment
- Experience in supporting and coaching developers at all levels
- A passion for finding solutions to problems that haven’t been solved before
Things we’d rate you even higher for:
Certifications in Scrum, SAFe or other scaled agile frameworks
Line management experience covering training, appraisals and recruitment
Experience in AWS services
Use of Docker or other container management
About Vodafone UK
Why join Vodafone UK Digital IT?
For us, digital transformation is constant - and not a one-off event. It’s our obsession, it’s how we forever evolve our technology to improve the lives of our customers.
We are continually experimenting with ways to make our journeys more intuitive, simple and fun. And we’re constantly testing and trialling new ways to give customers faster access to our services, more flexibility - and the richest, most rewarding experience.
We’re at the forefront of pushing the boundaries in Vodafone and are looking for people comfortable with being trailblazers as well as having the pragmatism to work in a multinational/global business.
All you need is the right mindset and the desire to help craft award-winning digital experiences – we work at pace, we love ideas and collaborate on agile projects.