Ware2Go is a technology platform backed by UPS that connects merchants seeking warehousing and fulfillment with 3PLs and warehouse operators whose capabilities match their needs. For merchants, we enable easy access to a turnkey nationwide fulfillment network of independent warehouses via a single portal that embeds inventory and order management. For 3PLs, we enable one-stop demand acquisition and no integration customer onboarding via an intuitive, end-to-end, cloud-based warehouse management system. Standardized and simplified terms, operating procedures, and pricing replace long negotiations, complex set up processes, and lengthy contract commitments, enabling both merchants and 3PLs to quickly set up and flexibly scale on the platform. We help merchants deliver goods to their customers faster, and help 3PLs grow their customer base and monetize excess capacity.
We build our culture around people that:
• Seek excellence in everything they do
• Thrive in a fast-paced, high energy workplace
• Value efficiency and respect other people’s time
• Are team players and have a strong work ethic
• Don’t forget to have fun and be positive
We’re looking for a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Developer interested in helping us build, secure, monitor, and scale our cloud infrastructure. We value automation and apply software engineering tools and practices to ensure we can deliver value to our customers quickly, safely, and consistently. To achieve that, you’ll work with the latest best-of-breed technologies like Pulumi and Typescript, Kubernetes, CircleCI, and Harness.io. This is a senior position. You’ll be expected to learn continuously, be a thought leader, work independently to solve hard problems, and work across team and organizational boundaries.
• Collaborate in design and planning of new platform infrastructure to support our next generation of applications
• Automate “all of the things”. This isn’t a team of SysAdmins who can cobble together a few Terraform templates and a Jenkinsfile. We believe the value of humans is innovating and solving problems, not performing repetitive tasks. Anything that is error prone, tedious, or not valuable for a human to spend time on is a target for our team to eliminate with automation.
• Mentor other members of the team – not only are you a top performer, but you raise the game of the people around you
• Enhance visibility into the system by making distributed traces, metrics, and logs easily available.
• Design custom dashboards that tie this information together, and determine what is signal and what is noise when it comes to creating alerts.
• Participate in on-call rotations and troubleshoot production issues
• Stay up-to-date on the latest DevOps tools and techniques, and strive for continuous improvement. We can’t always jump on the latest flavor of the week, but we’re always open to tools or techniques that can make a positive impact on our platform.
• Some background in software development. Some familiarity with asynchronous programming.
• Experience managing SQL and/or NoSQL database systems, particularly in setting up clustering or replication
• Experience building automated release pipelines using CI/CD tools like Jenkins, CircleCI, Drone, or Harness.
• Experience with build-tools such as gradle, sbt, or maven
• Experience with git version control
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• The ability to work both collaboratively and independently as appropriate. You know when to power through, and when to stop spinning your wheels and ask for help.
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Comfortable working on a Linux command line
• Experience managing and deploying to a Docker-based platform, preferably Kubernetes
• Scripting experience in BASH along with either Python or Ruby
• An understanding of what “configuration as code” means and how to apply it.
Integrated into our shared values is Ware2Go’s commitment to diversity. Ware2Go is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at Ware2Go has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: Ware2Go only accepts resumes from agencies on the Ware2Go or UPS preferred supplier list. Ware2Go is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.