Company: Wawanesa Insurance
We’re proud to give our employees the flexibility to choose how and where they want to work. In this role, you will decide whether your preference is to work from home, work from the office or a hybrid of time spent at both. You may live and work anywhere that Wawanesa operates in Canada.
The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company, founded in 1896, is Canada’s largest mutual insurer, with $3.9 billion in annual revenue and assets of $10.5 billion. Wawanesa Mutual, with executive offices in Winnipeg, is the parent company of Wawanesa General, which offers property and casualty insurance in California and Oregon; Wawanesa Life, which provides life insurance products and services throughout Canada; and Western Financial Group, which distributes personal and business insurance across Western Canada. With more than 5,700 employees, Wawanesa proudly serves more than two million policyholders in Canada and the United States. Wawanesa actively gives back to organizations that strengthen communities where it operates, donating well above internationally recognized benchmarks for excellence in corporate philanthropy.
We are currently looking for dedicated, driven, and enthusiastic individuals who thrive in an environment that welcomes change and are looking for an opportunity for diverse experience and advancement on a growing team.
Working under moderate supervision, this full stack Salesforce Developer job opportunity will be part of our Broker Experiences team and contributes to Wawanesa success by maintaining, supporting and enhancing our Digital Experiences web portals.
The Broker Experiences applications are those that provide functionality externally. In addition to externally focused application delivery, the team also provides support for Wawanesa’s digital strategy.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a small agile scrum team model that facilitates rapid design, development and implementation of application changes that embodies a passion for continuous improvement and test-driven development. You will have experience in application design and development and have relevant technical proficiency with programming languages, tools and frameworks such as Salesforce, Java 1.8, JQuery, React, SQL, REST, SOAP, GIT, Eclipse IDE. Preferably, you will also have knowledge/experience with Jenkins, Selenium, and Mulesoft.
- Design, develop, and test software.
- Prepare technical specifications from requirements.
- Ensure successful completion of developer assignments by estimating and tracking progress of assigned work.
- Maintain the operation of business systems and applications.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve application incidents.
- Participate in planning activities.
- Create and update relevant documentation.
- Improve upon and ensure the adherence to the established practices, processes, and guidelines.
- Keep current with relevant technologies.
- Mentor other Application Developers
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Completion of Post-secondary degree or diploma in software development or equivalent experience.
- 2 to 4 years practical experience performing an application development role building software using current programming languages and working with relational database systems and structure query languages.
- Hands-on experience developing custom adapter using the Apex connector framework, Apex callouts and test classes, and invoking Apex code from external Salesforce objects
- Strong Understanding of Apex platform security
- Experience configuring custom metadata types, named credentials, connected apps
- Hands on Experience building LWC components
- Detail oriented with analytical and problem-solving skills to recognize and identify issues and take proper action to resolve them.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner with style fitting for the audience and message.
- Strong planning and organizing skills, with the ability to develop and implement plans by prioritizing and multi-tasking.
- Good leadership skills, with the ability to facilitate high team morale by encouraging and coaching team members.
- Effective decision-making skills, with the ability to direct team members to achieve goals through clear instruction.
- Experience using software development tools, such as JIRA, Confluence, Source Code Management and TeamCity is considered an asset.
- Experience with Unix; Windows; Oracle; Microsoft SQL Server; Java; designing MicroServices is considered an asset.
- Certifications in relevant technology or processes is considered an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in Insurance industry is considered an asset.
Wawanesa provides its employees with a respectful, challenging and rewarding environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the company’s goals. Our full-time permanent employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, generous vacation allowance, leave top up, annual bonus plan, premium free benefits and a pension plan). Wawanesa provides a stable environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
Wawanesa is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering a diverse workforce that is equitable and inclusive for all. Wawanesa provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s protected status: race/ethnicity, colour, religion, creed, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family or marital status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected status. Accommodations are available upon request throughout all aspects of the selection process. Candidates requiring accommodations may contact, in confidence, [email protected].
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, apply today with your Resume.