About the Mission
At WayWiser, we come to work every day because we want to solve one of the biggest problems impacting older adults: protecting their financial independence and keeping their dignity as they age.
Baby Boomers and the Silent Generation control 80% of the US wealth. In the next decade, the entire Baby Boomer generation will reach 65+. Together this has created a perfect storm for exploitation. To make matters worse, Covid-19 and stay-at-home orders have isolated older adults making them even more susceptible to targets of fraud.
We are a mission-driven company. Many members of our team have experienced an older loved one get scammed or exploited. We believe it takes a community to support an older adult and we understand each person has their own unique challenges.
WayWiser makes it easier for older adults to get connected and stay protected by offering a comprehensive platform focused on bringing families together and helping them maintain their independence and freedom.
About the Company
We are an Austin-based but fully remote company that fosters a one team, one goal growth mindset when it comes to developing our product and cultivating company culture amongst WayWiser team members.
We believe in a lifestyle-work balance so provide unlimited PTO and flexible work hours. We cover 100% of an employee’s premium for medical, dental, and vision coverage. We offer a 401(k) plan and stock options. Throughout the year, we host all-staff strategy meetings in Austin to ensure that our team members have the chance for in-person interaction and collaborative team building activities.
We leave our egos at the door and always focus on getting to an answer quickly and doing what is right for the customer and the company. You will have an opportunity to make an impact on thousands of lives.
About the Job
WayWiser is looking for an experienced Mobile Engineer passion for developing solutions that
generate a high impact on our customers. This is a key technical role in our expanding Engineering team. You will be responsible for the development of key features on our platform. This is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a new Engineering team.
As a Mobile Engineer, you will collaborate with WayWiser’s CTO, Executive Team, Engineering Team, and Product Team to support the vision of our products. You will use your experience in developing mobile apps to create great experiences for our customers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
● Development of WayWiser’s core product offering.
● Provide input and guidance to develop and refine best-practices for software Engineering,
DevOps, and Quality, and ensure implemented within the team.
● Be part of an engineering and product team culture that fosters learning and consistent,
● Work with the product team to determine technical approaches and alternatives on concepts in design to balance usability and ease of development.
Desired Skills and Experience
● 3 to 5 years’ experience with mobile application development using ReactNative with an emphasis on B2C applications.
● Expertise on app store policies and release processes.
● Experience deploying test builds with Expo.
● Passion for creating accessible apps, especially for the older adult community.
● Agile/Scrum experience.
● Ability to communicate complex technical and data concepts to less technical audiences.
● Demonstrate business acumen and sound judgement.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Financial and/or FinTech experience, a plus.
WayWiser Tech Stack
React Native | EXPO | React | Node.JS | MongoDB