As a Staff Engineer at WB Games San Francisco, you have wide game development experience with best of class engineering skills and strong leadership skills. You have a passion for gaming and thrive on working with all departments to drive a game from beginning to end in a central leadership role.
This position requires close collaboration with all other disciplines to help lead, capture, develop and communicate a coherent vision of our game systems, features and tools. In this position, you are responsible for all aspects and quality of your projects. You will also be a leader in establishing best practices, assisting / mentoring other engineers on the team and identifying problem areas / opportunities for improvement in the codebase.
What part will you play?
- Game system / feature design & implementation / Library & Service integration.
- Establishing / refining standards & best practices.
- Performance target setting / performance optimization.
- Requirements Gathering / Documentation.
- Assess middleware and 3rd party solutions.
- Review the work of other engineers to ensure adherence to design, patterns and coding standards.
What do we require from you?
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent industry experience and success.
- At least 7 years of game industry experience.
- Shipped at least 3 mobile/social title, preferably on multiple platforms.
- Unity development experience required.
- Expert C# programming skills.
- Knowledge of Java.
- Deep knowledge of Unity including custom tool creation.
- Proficient with 3D math including linear algebra (vector math, matrices).
- Deep knowledge of shaders and 3D animation systems in Unity.
- Experience in tools development and content pipeline development.
- Deep knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions.
- Deep knowledge of software design practices including modular architecture, event-driven architecture, and software design patterns.
- Strong practical knowledge of mobile, platforms middleware technologies, strengths and weaknesses.
- Extensive experience working with internal and externally developed code.
- Extensive experience with self-testing to minimize and fix issues.
- Experience with network game design and development required.
- Documentation / Presentation skills.
- Strong performance optimization experience.
- Strong problem solving / debugging skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to assist others in their work.
- Ability to assess the quality of other engineers work.
- Passion for making games.
WB is an equal opportunity employer and will consider for employment qualified applicants consistent with the requirements of Article 49, Sections 4904-4905 and 4908-4910 of the San Francisco Police Code and all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
About WB Games San Francisco
At WB Games San Francisco we are bringing some of the most iconic characters and stories to life in the mobile space. We are committed to creating fun and engaging games for our fans and are positioning ourselves to become a top player in mobile games. Our team is made up of the best and brightest talent from across the gaming universe!